torvalds/linux - Linux kernel source tree.
- (Web) Ubuntu
- (Web) Fedora
- (Web) OpenSUSE
- (Web) CentOS
- (Web) Debian, Kali
- (Web) Arch, Manjaro, BlackArch, ArcoLinux
- (Web) Gentoo, Funtoo
- (Web) Void Linux
- (Web) Slackware
- (Web) Parrot OS
- (Web) Tails
- (Web) Qubes OS
- (Web) Whonix
- (Web) BlackArch Linux
- (Web) elementary OS
- (Web) Red Hat
- (Web) Trisquel GNU/Linux
- (Web) Parabola GNU/Linux
- (Web) Alpine Linux
- (Web) Chromium OS
- dnschneid/crouton - Chromium OS Universal Chroot Environment.
- (Web) TempleOS - (formerly J OS, SparrowOS, LoseThos) a biblical-themed lightweight operating system developed by American programmer Terry A. Davis.
- (Web) LineageOS
- (Web) postmarketOS - A real Linux distribution for phones and other mobile devices
- (Web) Replicant
- (Web) GrapheneOS - open source privacy and security focused mobile OS with Android app compatibility.
- (Web) PureOS - A user friendly, secure and freedom respecting OS used by Librem 5 Phone.
- (Web) Ubuntu Touch
- (Web) Android
- (Web) Fuchsia - open-source OS developed by Google based on Zircon microkernel.
- (GitLab) Redox OS - Unix-like Operating System written in Rust, aiming to bring the innovations of Rust to a modern microkernel and full set of applications.
- haiku/haiku - The Haiku operating system.
- reactos/reactos - A free Windows-compatible Operating System.
- (Web) Gnome
- pop-os/shell - Pop Shell is a keyboard-driven layer for GNOME Shell which allows for quick and sensible navigation and management of windows.
- (Web) KDE
- (Web) Xfce
- (Web) MATE
- (Web) LXQt
- (Web) Budgie
- (Web) LXDE
- linuxmint/Cinnamon - A Linux desktop featuring a traditional layout, built from modern technology and introducing brand new innovative features.
- (Web) Gnome
- i3/i3 - A tiling window manager.
- Airblader/i3 - i3-gaps – i3 with more features (forked from https://github.com/i3/i3).
- i3/i3lock - improved screen locker.
- meskarune/i3lock-fancy - i3lock script that takes a screenshot of the desktop, blurs the background and adds a lock icon and text.
- unix121/i3wm-themer - My collection of Themes and scripts for i3-wm.
- tobi-wan-kenobi/bumblebee-status - bumblebee-status is a modular, theme-able status line generator for the i3 window manager.
- (Web) dwm - dynamic window manager for X.
- (Web) dwmstatus - Barebone status monitor with basic functions written in C.
- baskerville/bspwm - A tiling window manager based on binary space partitioning.
- baskerville/sxhkd - Simple X hotkey daemon.
- awesomeWM/awesome - awesome window manager.
- xmonad/xmonad - The core of xmonad, a small but functional ICCCM-compliant tiling window manager.
- qtile/qtile - A small, flexible, scriptable tiling window manager written in Python.
- stumpwm/stumpwm - The Stump Window Manager.
- conformal/spectrwm - A small dynamic tiling window manager for X11.
- danakj/openbox - Openbox Window Manager (OpenboxWM).
- herbstluftwm/herbstluftwm - A manual tiling window manager for X11.
- swaywm/sway - i3-compatible Wayland compositor.
- SimulaVR/Simula - Simula is a VR window manager for Linux that runs on top of Godot.
- i3/i3 - A tiling window manager.
- PapyElGringo/material-shell - New shell for Gnome following the Material-design guidelines. Proposing a performant and simple opinionated mouse / keyboard workflow to increase daily productivity and comfort.
- (GitLab) o9000/tint2 - A lightweight panel/taskbar for Linux and BSD.
Text Editors and IDEs
Text Based Editors
- vim/vim - The official Vim repository. https://vimhelp.org.
- macvim-dev/macvim - Vim - the text editor - for Mac OS X.
- neovim/neovim - Vim-fork focused on extensibility and usability.
- SpaceVim/SpaceVim - A community-driven modular vim distribution - The ultimate vim configuration.
- onivim/oni - Oni: Modern Modal Editing - powered by Neovim.
- vyapp/vy - A vim-like in python made from scratch.
- veonim/veonim - simple modal IDE built on neovim.
- xi-editor/xi-editor - A modern editor with a backend written in Rust.
- zyedidia/micro - A modern and intuitive terminal-based text editor.
- macvim-dev/macvim - Vim - the text editor - for Mac OS X.
- (Web) GNU Emacs - An extensible, customizable, free/libre text editor — and more.
- mawww/kakoune - mawww's experiment for a better code editor.
- (Web) GNU Nano
- vim/vim - The official Vim repository. https://vimhelp.org.
- atom/atom - The hackable text editor.
- VSCodium/vscodium - binary releases of VS Code without MS branding/telemetry/licensing.
- Microsoft/vscode - Visual Studio Code.
- textmate/textmate - TextMate is a graphical text editor for macOS 10.12 or later. https://macromates.com.
- notepad-plus-plus/notepad-plus-plus - Notepad++ official repository.
- geany/geany - A fast and lightweight IDE.
- Komodo/KomodoEdit - Komodo Edit is a fast and free multi-language code editor. Written in JS, Python, C++ and based on the Mozilla platform.
- (Web) gedit - GNOME text editor.
- rxi/lite - A lightweight text editor written in Lua.
- eclipse-theia/theia - Eclipse Theia is a cloud & desktop IDE framework implemented in TypeScript. https://theia-ide.org.
- benweet/stackedit - In-browser Markdown editor. https://stackedit.io.
- joemccann/dillinger - The last Markdown editor, ever. https://dillinger.io.
- codesandbox/codesandbox-client - An online code editor tailored for web application development. https://codesandbox.io.
Command Line File Managers
- (Web) midnight commander
- ranger/ranger - A VIM-inspired filemanager for the console.
- jarun/nnn - The missing terminal file manager for X.
- dylanaraps/fff - A simple file manager written in bash.
- vifm/vifm - Vifm is a file manager with curses interface, which provides Vi[m]-like environment for managing objects within file systems, extended with some useful ideas from mutt. vifm.info
- gokcehan/lf - Terminal file manager.
- huijunchen9260/dmenufm - A simple file manager using dmenu.
Graphical File Managers
Command Line Cheat Sheets
- tldr-pages/tldr - Simplified and community-driven man pages.
- ostera/tldr.jsx - A Reactive web client for tldr-pages.
- chubin/cheat.sh - the only cheat sheet you need.
- gleitz/howdoi - instant coding answers via the command line.
- santinic/how2 - stackoverflow from the terminal.
- cheat/cheat - cheat allows you to create and view interactive cheatsheets on the command-line. It was designed to help remind *nix system administrators of options for commands that they use frequently, but not frequently enough to remember.
- denisidoro/navi - An interactive cheatsheet tool for the command-line.
- srsudar/eg - Useful examples at the command line.
- tldr-pages/tldr - Simplified and community-driven man pages.
- anishathalye/dotbot - A tool that bootstraps your dotfiles.
- algorithm-visualizer/algorithm-visualizer - Interactive Online Platform that Visualizes Algorithms from Code. https://algorithm-visualizer.org.
powerline/fonts - Patched fonts for Powerline users.
ryanoasis/nerd-fonts - Iconic font aggregator, collection, & patcher. 3,600+ icons, 50+ patched fonts: Hack, Source Code Pro, more. Glyph collections: Font Awesome, Material Design Icons, Octicons, & more.
adobe-fonts/source-code-pro - Monospaced font family for user interface and coding environments.
tonsky/FiraCode - Free monospaced font with programming ligatures.
JetBrains/JetBrainsMono - JetBrains Mono – the free and open-source typeface for developers.
be5invis/Iosevka - Slender typeface for code, from code.
braver/programmingfonts - Test drive programming fonts online. https://programmingfonts.org.
Terminal Applications/Console Services
- BurntSushi/ripgrep - ripgrep recursively searches directories for a regex pattern.
- phiresky/ripgrep-all - ripgrep, but also search in PDFs, E-Books, Office documents, zip, tar.gz, etc.
- beyondgrep/ack3 - ack is a grep-like search tool optimized for source code.
- sharkdp/fd - A simple, fast and user-friendly alternative to 'find'.
Duplicate File Cleaning
- andmarti1424/sc-im - SC-IM - Spreadsheet Calculator Improvised -- An ncurses spreadsheet program for terminal.
- sharkdp/insect - High precision scientific calculator with support for physical units. https://insect.sh.
- (GitLab) GNOME/gnome-calculator - Calculator for solving mathematical equations.
- galculator/galculator - GTK 2 / GTK 3 based scientific calculator.
rclone/rclone - "rsync for cloud storage" - Google Drive, Amazon Drive, S3, Dropbox, Backblaze B2, One Drive, Swift, Hubic, Cloudfiles, Google Cloud Storage, Yandex Files.
universal-ctags/ctags - A maintained ctags implementation. https://ctags.io.
jarun/ddgr - DuckDuckGo from the terminal.
jarun/googler - Google from the terminal.
ytdl-org/youtube-dl - Command-line program to download videos from YouTube.com and other video sites.
koalaman/shellcheck - A static analysis tool for shell scripts (https://www.shellcheck.net).
restic/restic - Fast, secure, efficient backup program.
stedolan/jq - Command-line JSON processor.
nvbn/thef ck - Magnificent app which corrects your previous console command.
ImageMagick/ImageMagick - ImageMagick 7.
junegunn/fzf - A command-line fuzzy finder.
ggreer/the_silver_searcher - A code-searching tool similar to ack, but faster.
FFmpeg/FFmpeg - A complete, cross-platform solution to record, convert and stream audio and video.
sshuttle/sshuttle - Transparent proxy server that works as a poor man's VPN. Forwards over ssh. Doesn't require admin. Works with Linux and MacOS. Supports DNS tunneling.
github/hub - A command-line tool that makes git easier to use with GitHub.
timvisee/ffsend - Easily and securely share files from the command line. A fully featured Firefox Send client.
(GitLab) timvisee/ffsend - Easily and securely share files from the command line. A fully featured Firefox Send client.
dutchcoders/transfer.sh - Easy and fast file sharing from the command-line.
Y2Z/monolith - CLI tool for saving complete web pages as a single HTML file.
teejee2008/timeshift - System restore tool for Linux. Creates filesystem snapshots using rsync+hardlinks, or BTRFS snapshots. Supports scheduled snapshots, multiple backup levels, and exclude filters. Snapshots can be restored while system is running or from Live CD/USB.
ledger/ledger - Double-entry accounting system with a command-line reporting interface.
Canop/broot - A new way to see and navigate directory trees.
ogham/exa - A modern version of ‘ls’.
sivel/speedtest-cli - Command line interface for testing internet bandwidth using speedtest.net.
sindresorhus/speed-test - Test your internet connection speed and ping using speedtest.net from the CLI.
sindresorhus/fast-cli - Test your download and upload speed using fast.com.
michael-lazar/rtv - Browse Reddit from your terminal.
(GitLab) ajak/tuir - A TUI to view and interact with Reddit from your terminal forked from rtv.
idank/explainshell - match command-line arguments to their help text.
wting/autojump - A cd command that learns - easily navigate directories from the command line.
so-fancy/diff-so-fancy - Good-lookin' diffs. Actually… nah… The best-lookin' diffs.
clvv/fasd - Command-line productivity booster, offers quick access to files and directories, inspired by autojump, z and v.
GothenburgBitFactory/timewarrior - Timewarrior: Commandline Time Reporting.
facebook/PathPicker - PathPicker accepts a wide range of input -- output from git commands, grep results, searches -- pretty much anything.After parsing the input, PathPicker presents you with a nice UI to select which files you're interested in. After that you can open them in your favorite editor or execute arbitrary commands.
haikarainen/light - GNU/Linux application to control backlights.
chubin/pyphoon - ASCII Art Phase of the Moon (Python version).
chubin/wttr.in - The right way to check the weather. https://wttr.in.
mpolden/echoip - IP address lookup service. https://ifconfig.co.
chubin/rate.sx - curl cryptocurrencies exchange rates.
symless/synergy-core - Open source core of Synergy, the keyboard and mouse sharing tool.
debauchee/barrier - Open-source KVM software.
- (Web) fortune - program that displays a pseudorandom message from a database of quotations.
- keroserene/rickrollrc - Rick Astley invades your terminal.
- schachmat/wego - weather app for the terminal.
- tnalpgge/rank-amateur-cowsay - generates ASCII pictures of a cow with a message.
- matheuss/parrotsay - The Party Parrot on your terminal.
- (Web) FIGlet - generate text banners, in a variety of typefaces, composed of letters made up of conglomerations of smaller ASCII characters.
- (Web) ASCIIQuarium - Enjoy the mysteries of the sea from the safety of your own terminal!
- KDE/kdenlive - Kdenlive is an intuitive and powerful multi-track video editor, including most recent video technologies.
- olive-editor/olive - Free open-source non-linear video editor.
- mltframework/shotcut - cross-platform (Qt), open-source (GPLv3) video editor.
- OpenShot/openshot-qt - OpenShot Video Editor is an award-winning free and open-source video editor for Linux, Mac, and Windows, and is dedicated to delivering high quality video editing and animation solutions to the world.
- (Web) LibreOffice
- (GitLab) inkscape/inkscape - Inkscape vector illustrator.
- (Web) OBS
- (Web) Blender
- (Web) GIMP
- audacity/audacity - Audio Editor.
- darktable-org/darktable - darktable is an open source photography workflow application and raw developer.
- KDE/krita - Krita is a free digital painting application. Digital Painting, Creative Freedom!
- (Web) VirtualBox
- aforensics/HiddenVM - HiddenVM — Use any desktop OS without leaving a trace.
- (Web) Wine - compatibility layer capable of running Windows applications on POSIX-compliant operating systems.
- qemu/qemu - the FAST! processor emulator.
- virt-manager/virt-manager - Desktop tool for managing virtual machines via libvirt.
- (Web) Kernel Virtual Machine - a full virtualization solution for Linux on x86 hardware containing virtualization extensions (Intel VT or AMD-V).
- dolphin-emu/dolphin - Dolphin is a GameCube / Wii emulator, allowing you to play games for these two platforms on PC with improvements.
(Web) meld - Meld is a visual diff and merge tool targeted at developers.
avelino/vim-bootstrap - Vim Bootstrap is generator provides a simple method of generating a .vimrc configuration for vim.
davidhalter/jedi - Awesome autocompletion, static analysis and refactoring library for python.
dense-analysis/ale - Check syntax in Vim asynchronously and fix files, with Language Server Protocol (LSP) support.
vim-syntastic/syntastic - Syntax checking hacks for vim.
neoclide/coc.nvim - Intellisense engine for vim8 & neovim, full language server protocol support as VSCode.
neomake/neomake - Asynchronous linting and make framework for Neovim/Vim.
Shougo/deoplete.nvim - Dark powered asynchronous completion framework for neovim/Vim8.
ycm-core/YouCompleteMe - A code-completion engine for Vim.
prabirshrestha/vim-lsp - async language server protocol plugin for vim and neovim.
autozimu/LanguageClient-neovim - Language Server Protocol (LSP) support for vim and neovim.
maralla/completor.vim - Async completion framework made easy.
powerline/powerline - Powerline is a statusline plugin for vim, and provides statuslines and prompts for several other applications, including zsh, bash, tmux, IPython, Awesome and Qtile.
vim-airline/vim-airline - lean & mean status/tabline for vim that's light as air.
itchyny/lightline.vim - A light and configurable statusline/tabline plugin for Vim.
junegunn/fzf.vim - fzf 💜 vim.
ctrlpvim/ctrlp.vim - Active fork of kien/ctrlp.vim—Fuzzy file, buffer, mru, tag, etc finder.
mileszs/ack.vim - Vim plugin for the Perl module / CLI script 'ack'.
SirVer/ultisnips - The ultimate snippet solution for Vim.
honza/vim-snippets - vim-snipmate default snippets (Previously snipmate-snippets).
scrooloose/nerdtree - A tree explorer plugin for vim.
Xuyuanp/nerdtree-git-plugin - A plugin of NERDTree showing git status.
vimwiki/vimwiki - Personal Wiki for Vim.
scrooloose/nerdcommenter - Vim plugin for intensely orgasmic commenting.
sheerun/vim-polyglot - A solid language pack for Vim.
airblade/vim-gitgutter - A Vim plugin which shows a git diff in the gutter (sign column) and stages/undoes hunks and partial hunks.
tpope/vim-fugitive - A Git wrapper so awesome, it should be illegal.
tpope/vim-sensible - Defaults everyone can agree on.
tpope/vim-surround - quoting/parenthesizing made simple.
tpope/vim-commentary - comment stuff out.
tpope/vim-vinegar - vinegar.vim: Combine with netrw to create a delicious salad dressing.
tpope/vim-unimpaired - unimpaired.vim: Pairs of handy bracket mappings.
tpope/vim-repeat - repeat.vim: enable repeating supported plugin maps with ".".
mattn/vim-gist - Vim plugin for Gist.
mattn/emmet-vim - emmet for vim.
majutsushi/tagbar - Vim plugin that displays tags in a window, ordered by scope.
wincent/command-t - Fast file navigation for VIM.
altercation/vim-colors-solarized - precision colorscheme for the vim text editor.
jiangmiao/auto-pairs - Vim plugin, insert or delete brackets, parens, quotes in pair.
Raimondi/delimitMate - Vim plugin, provides insert mode auto-completion for quotes, parens, brackets, etc.
junegunn/goyo.vim - Distraction-free writing in Vim.
junegunn/limelight.vim - All the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players.
justinmk/vim-sneak - The missing motion for Vim.
terryma/vim-multiple-cursors - True Sublime Text style multiple selections for Vim.
luochen1990/rainbow - Rainbow Parentheses Improved, shorter code, no level limit, smooth and fast, powerful configuration.
majutsushi/tagbar - Vim plugin that displays tags in a window, ordered by scope.
liuchengxu/vim-which-key - Vim plugin that shows keybindings in popup.
voldikss/vim-floaterm - Play with nvim/vim's builtin terminal.
wakatime/vim-wakatime - Vim plugin for automatic time tracking and metrics generated from your programming activity.
rust-lang/rust.vim - Vim configuration for Rust.
lervag/vimtex - A modern vim plugin for editing LaTeX files.
ryanoasis/vim-devicons - Adds file type icons to Vim plugins such as: NERDTree, vim-airline, CtrlP, unite, Denite, lightline, vim-startify and many more.
ap/vim-css-color - Preview colours in source code while editing.
- tmux-plugins/tpm - Tmux Plugin Manager.
- tmux/tmux - tmux source code.
- tmux-python/tmuxp - tmux session manager. built on libtmux.
- tmuxinator/tmuxinator - Manage complex tmux sessions easily.
- tmux-plugins/tmux-resurrect - Persists tmux environment across system restarts.
- tmux-plugins/tmux-continuum - Continuous saving of tmux environment. Automatic restore when tmux is started. Automatic tmux start when computer is turned on.
- gpakosz/.tmux - Oh My Tmux! Pretty & versatile tmux configuration made with ❤️ (imho the best tmux configuration that just works).
- tmux-plugins/tmux-sensible - basic tmux settings everyone can agree on.
- greymd/tmux-xpanes - Awesome tmux-based terminal divider.
Tmux Alternatives/Terminal Multiplexers
- ProtonVPN/protonvpn-cli-ng - Linux command-line client for ProtonVPN. Written in Python.
- mullvad/mullvadvpn-app - The Mullvad VPN client app for desktop and mobile.
- OpenVPN/openvpn - OpenVPN is an open source VPN daemon.
- (Web) Wireguard - extremely simple yet fast and modern VPN that utilizes state-of-the-art cryptography.
- tailscale/tailscale - The easiest, most secure way to use WireGuard and 2FA.
- pivpn/pivpn - The Simplest VPN installer, designed for Raspberry Pi.
dylanaraps/pywal - Generate and change color-schemes on the fly.
dracula/dracula-theme - A dark theme for all the things!.
chriskempson/base16 - An architecture for building themes.
arcticicestudio/nord - An arctic, north-bluish color palette.
altercation/solarized - precision color scheme for multiple applications (terminal, vim, etc.) with both dark/light modes.
jonls/redshift - Redshift adjusts the color temperature of your screen according to your surroundings. This may help your eyes hurt less if you are working in front of the screen at night.
stayradiated/terminal.sexy - Create, view and edit terminal colorschemes. https://terminal.sexy.
Vim Color Schemes
- rafi/awesome-vim-colorschemes - Collection of awesome color schemes for Neo/vim, merged for quick use.
- flazz/vim-colorschemes - one colorscheme pack to rule them all!
- sjl/badwolf - A Vim color scheme.
- joshdick/onedark.vim - A dark Vim/Neovim color scheme inspired by Atom's One Dark syntax theme.
- morhetz/gruvbox - Retro groove color scheme for Vim.
- nanotech/jellybeans.vim - A colorful, dark color scheme for Vim.
- arcticicestudio/nord-vim - An arctic, north-bluish clean and elegant Vim theme.
- NLKNguyen/papercolor-theme - Light & Dark Vim color schemes inspired by Google's Material Design.
- rakr/vim-one - Adaptation of one-light and one-dark colorschemes for Vim.
- ayu-theme/ayu-vim - Modern theme for modern VIMs.
- romainl/Apprentice - A dark, low-contrast, Vim colorscheme.
- cocopon/iceberg.vim - Dark blue color scheme for Vim and Neovim.
Note-Taking/Personal Knowledge Base/Bookmarking/Wiki
- (Web) Orgmode - document editing, formatting, and organizing mode, designed for notes, planning, and authoring within the free software text editor Emacs in a fast and effective plain-text system.
- standardnotes/web - A free, open-source, and completely encrypted notes app.
- laurent22/joplin - Joplin - an open source note taking and to-do application with synchronization capabilities for Windows, macOS, Linux, Android and iOS.
- zadam/trilium - Build your personal knowledge base with Trilium Notes.
- Automattic/simplenote-electron - A Simplenote React app packaged via Electron for Windows and Linux.
- paperwork/paperwork - Paperwork - OpenSource note-taking & archiving alternative to Evernote, Microsoft OneNote & Google Keep.
- leanote/leanote - Not Just A Notepad! (golang + mongodb).
- splitbrain/dokuwiki - The DokuWiki Open Source Wiki Engine.
- zim-desktop-wiki/zim-desktop-wiki - graphical text editor used to maintain a collection of wiki pages.
- outline/outline - The fastest wiki and knowledge base for growing teams. Beautiful, feature rich, markdown compatible and open source.
- HabitRPG/habitica - A habit tracker app which treats your goals like a Role Playing Game.
- kickscondor/fraidycat - Follow blogs, wikis, YouTube channels, as well as accounts on Twitter, Instagram, etc. from a single page.
- dnote/dnote - A simple command line notebook for programmers.
- jrnl-org/jrnl - Collect your thoughts and notes without leaving the command line.
- sjl/t - A command-line todo list manager for people that want to finish tasks, not organize them.
- todotxt/todo.txt-cli - A simple and extensible shell script for managing your todo.txt file.
- GothenburgBitFactory/taskwarrior - Taskwarrior - Commandline Task Management.
- leo-editor/leo-editor - Leo is an Outliner, Editor, and Personal Information Manager written in 100% Python.
- hamaluik/timecop - A time tracking app that respects your privacy and the gets the job done without being fancy.
- Zettelkasten/ - [Zettlr/Zettlr](https://github.com/Zettlr/Zettlr) - A Markdown Editor for the 21st century. - [zotero/zotero](https://github.com/zotero/zotero) - Zotero is a free, easy-to-use tool to help you collect, organize, cite, and share your research sources. - [ttscoff/nv](https://github.com/ttscoff/nv) - nvALT: MultiMarkdown version of Notational Velocity with Markdown editing features and preview.
- taigaio/taiga-back - Agile project management platform. Built on top of Django and AngularJS.
- kanboard/kanboard - Kanban project management software.
- wekan/wekan - The open-source kanban (built with Meteor).
- RestyaPlatform/board - Trello like kanban board. Based on Restya platform.
- opf/openproject - OpenProject is the leading open source project management software.
System Info Scripts
- hishamhm/htop - htop is an interactive text-mode process viewer for Unix systems. It aims to be a better 'top'.
- MrRio/vtop - Wow such top. So stats. More better than regular top.
- cjbassi/gotop - A terminal based graphical activity monitor inspired by gtop and vtop.
- aristocratos/bashtop - Linux resource monitor.
- nicolargo/glances - Glances an Eye on your system. A top/htop alternative for GNU/Linux, BSD, Mac OS and Windows operating systems.
- brndnmtthws/conky - Light-weight system monitor for X.
- davatorium/rofi - A window switcher, application launcher and dmenu replacement.
- albertlauncher/albert - A fast and flexible keyboard launcher.
- (Web) dmenu
- dmenu-extended - An extension to dmenu for quickly opening files and folders.
- Ulauncher/Ulauncher - Linux Application Launcher.
- geommer/yabar - A modern and lightweight status bar for X window managers.
- LemonBoy/bar - A featherweight, lemon-scented, bar based on xcb.
- robm/dzen - Dzen is a general purpose messaging, notification and menuing program for X11.
- (Web) GNU Bash - Bash(Bourne Again SHell) is an sh-compatible shell that incorporates useful features from the Korn shell (ksh) and C shell (csh).
- (Web) Zsh - a shell designed for interactive use, although it is also a powerful scripting language.
- robbyrussell/oh-my-zsh - A delightful community-driven (with nearly 1,500 contributors) framework for managing your zsh configuration. Includes 200+ optional plugins (rails, git, OSX, hub, capistrano, brew, ant, php, python, etc), over 140 themes to spice up your morning, and an auto-update tool so that makes it easy to keep up with the latest updates from the community.
- sorin-ionescu/prezto - The configuration framework for Zsh.
- zplug/zplug - A next-generation plugin manager for zsh.
- zsh-users/antigen - The plugin manager for zsh.
- Powerlevel9k/powerlevel9k - A tool for building the most useful CLI possible, customized for you.
- romkatv/powerlevel10k - A fast reimplementation of Powerlevel9k ZSH theme.
- denysdovhan/spaceship-prompt - A Zsh prompt for Astronauts.
- fish-shell/fish-shell - The user-friendly command line shell.
- nushell/nushell - A modern shell written in Rust.
- PowerShell/PowerShell - PowerShell for every system!
- JanDeDobbeleer/oh-my-posh - A prompt theming engine for Powershell.
- starship/starship - The cross-shell prompt for astronauts.
- (Web) pass - the standard unix password manager.
- bitwarden/server - The core infrastructure backend (API, database, Docker, etc).
- keepassx/keepassx - KeePassX is a cross platform port of the windows application “Keepass Password Safe”.
- MacPass/MacPass - A native OS X KeePass client.
- Kunzisoft/KeePassDX - KeePass implementation for android with material design and deluxe features.
- keepassxreboot/keepassxc - KeePassXC is a cross-platform community-driven port of the Windows application “Keepass Password Safe”.
- lastpass/lastpass-cli - LastPass command line interface tool.
- keeweb/keeweb - Free cross-platform password manager compatible with KeePass.
- buttercup/buttercup-desktop - Buttercup credentials management application.
- hashicorp/vault - A tool for secrets management, encryption as a service, and privileged access management.
Text Based Email Clients
Graphical Email Clients
- (Web) Mozilla Thunderbird - Thunderbird is a free email application that’s easy to set up and customize - and it’s loaded with great features!
- Foundry376/Mailspring - A beautiful, fast and maintained fork of @Nylas Mail by one of the original authors.
- mailpile/Mailpile - A free & open modern, fast email client with user-friendly encryption and privacy features.
- rainloop/rainloop-webmail - Simple, modern & fast web-based email client. https://rainloop.net.
- (Web) Enigmail - A simple interface for OpenPGP email security.
- (Web) Mozilla Firefox - Get 2000+ trackers off your trail — including Facebook.
- (Web) Tor - Defend yourself against tracking and surveillance. Circumvent censorship.
- (Web) Chromium/src - free and open-source software project from Google.
- brave/brave-browser - Next generation Brave browser for macOS, Windows, Linux, and eventually Android.
- qutebrowser/qutebrowser - A keyboard-driven, vim-like browser based on PyQt5.
- MrAlex94/Waterfox - The official Waterfox source code repository.
- MoonchildProductions/Pale-Moon - Pale Moon web browser.
- minbrowser/min - A fast, minimal browser that protects your privacy.
- fanglingsu/vimb - Vimb - the vim like browser is a webkit based web browser that behaves like the vimperator plugin for the firefox and usage paradigms from the great editor vim. The goal of vimb is to build a completely keyboard-driven, efficient and pleasurable browsing-experience.
- luakit/luakit - Fast, small, webkit based browser framework extensible by Lua.
- bromite/bromite - Bromite is Chromium plus ad blocking and privacy enhancements; take back your browser!
- browsh-org/browsh - A fully-modern text-based browser, rendering to TTY and browsers.
- (Web) Vivaldi
partially open source
- freeCodeCamp/devdocs - API Documentation Browser.
- facebook/react/devtools - React DevTools.
- zalmoxisus/redux-devtools-extension - Redux DevTools extension.
- sindresorhus/refined-github - Browser extension that simplifies the GitHub interface and adds useful features.
- 30-seconds/30_seconds_of_knowledgeGoogle Chrome Extension that lets you gain new developer skills, every time you open a New Tab.
- ovity/octotree - GitHub on steroids.
- bhollis/jsonview - A web extension that helps you view JSON documents in the browser.
- chrispederick/web-developer - A browser extension that adds various web developer tools to a browser.
- mozilla/multi-account-containers - Firefox Multi-Account Containers lets you keep parts of your online life separated into color-coded tabs that preserve your privacy. Cookies are separated by container, allowing you to use the web with multiple identities or accounts simultaneously.
- EFForg/privacybadger - Privacy Badger is a browser extension that automatically learns to block invisible trackers.
- EFForg/https-everywhere - A browser extension that encrypts your communications with many websites that offer HTTPS but still allow unencrypted connections.
- Cookie-AutoDelete/Cookie-AutoDelete - Extension that deletes cookies as soon as the tab closes.
- duckduckgo/duckduckgo-privacy-extension - DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials browser extension for Firefox, Chrome, Safari.
- hackademix/noscript - The popular NoScript Security Suite browser extension.
- passff/passff - zx2c4 pass manager extension for Firefox, Chrome and Opera.
- (GitLab) Synzvato/decentraleyes - Local emulation of Content Delivery Networks.
- bitwarden/browser - The browser extension vault (Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Edge, Safari, & more).
- ray-lothian/UserAgent-Switcher - A User-Agent spoofer browser extension that is highly configurable.
- gorhill/uBlock - An efficient blocker for Chromium and Firefox. Fast and lean.
- gorhill/uMatrix - Point and click matrix to filter net requests according to source, destination and type.
- mozilla/notes - A notepad for Firefox.
- Ibit-to/google-unlocked - Google Unlocked browser extension uncensor google search results.
- ourresearch/unpaywall - Firefox/Chrome extension that gives you a link to a free PDF when you view scholarly articles.
- (codeberg) Booteille/invidition - A WebExtension to redirect ALL YouTube and Twitter requests to their alternative interfaces.
- SimonBrazell/privacy-redirect - A simple web extension that redirects Twitter, YouTube, Instagram & Google Maps requests to privacy friendly alternatives.
- mailvelope/mailvelope - Browser extension for OpenPGP encryption with Webmail.
philc/vimium - The hacker's browser.
tridactyl/tridactyl - A Vim-like interface for Firefox, inspired by Vimperator/Pentadactyl.
ueokande/vim-vixen - Accelerates your web browsing with Vim power!!
adam-p/markdown-here - Google Chrome, Firefox, and Thunderbird extension that lets you write email in Markdown and render it before sending.
WorldBrain/Memex - Browser Extension to full-text search your browsing history & bookmarks.
gildas-lormeau/SingleFile - Web Extension for Firefox/Chrome/Edge and CLI tool to save a faithful copy of a complete web page as a single HTML file.
openstyles/stylus - Stylus Userstyles Manager.
languagetool-org/languagetool - Style and Grammar Checker for 25+ Languages.
samueljun/tomato-clock - Tomato Clock is a simple browser extension for managing your productivity.
joelshepherd/tabliss - An extensible New Tab web extension written in TypeScript, React and Redux.
honestbleeps/Reddit-Enhancement-Suite - Reddit Enhancement Suite.
tom-james-watson/old-reddit-redirect - Ensure Reddit always loads the old design.
- qbittorrent/qBittorrent - qBittorrent BitTorrent client.
- webtorrent/webtorrent) - Streaming torrent client for the web. https://webtorrent.io.
- c0re100/qBittorrent-Enhanced-Edition - [Unofficial] qBittorrent BitTorrent client (Enhanced Edition).
- transmission/transmission - BitTorrent client. See Also Transmission-cli.
- aria2/aria2 - aria2 is a lightweight multi-protocol & multi-source, cross platform download utility operated in command-line. It supports HTTP/HTTPS, FTP, SFTP, BitTorrent and Metalink.
- rakshasa/rtorrent - rTorrent BitTorrent client.
- pyroscope/rtorrent-ps - Extended rTorrent distribution with a fully customizable canvas and colors, other feature additions, and complete docs.
- picotorrent/picotorrent - A tiny, hackable BitTorrent client.
- deluge-torrent/deluge - Deluge BitTorrent client
- kovidgoyal/calibre - The official source code repository for the calibre ebook manager.
- pwmt/zathura - a document viewer.
- (Web) Okular - universal document viewer developed by KDE.
- (Web) Evince - document viewer for multiple document formats.
- johnfactotum/foliate - A simple and modern GTK eBook reader.
- buggins/coolreader - cross platform open source e-book reader.
- (Web) urxvt(rxvt-unicode)
- (Web) st
- LukeSmithxyz/st - Luke's fork of the suckless simple terminal (st) with vim bindings and Xresource compatibility.
- (Web) Gnome Terminal
- (Web) Konsole
- (Web) xterm
- kovidgoyal/kitty - A cross-platform, fast, feature full, GPU based terminal emulator.
- jwilm/alacritty - A cross-platform, GPU-accelerated terminal emulator.
- thestinger/termite - A keyboard-centric VTE-based terminal, aimed at use within a window manager with tiling and/or tabbing support..
- zeit/hyper - A terminal built on web technologies.
- gnachman/iTerm2 - iTerm2 is a terminal emulator for Mac OS X that does amazing things.
- iTerm2-Color-Schemes - Over 200 terminal color schemes/themes for iTerm/iTerm2. Includes ports to Terminal, Konsole, PuTTY, Xresources, XRDB, Remmina, Termite, XFCE, Tilda, FreeBSD VT, Terminator, Kitty, MobaXterm, LXTerminal, Microsoft's Windows Terminal, Visual Studio.
- gnunn1/tilix - A tiling terminal emulator for Linux using GTK+ 3.
- (Gogs) fox/tt-rss - Tiny Tiny RSS: Self-hosted feed reader.
- GetStream/Winds - A Beautiful Open Source RSS & Podcast App Powered by Getstream.io.
- newsboat/newsboat - An RSS/Atom feed reader for text terminals.
- miniflux/miniflux - Minimalist and opinionated feed reader.
- QuiteRSS/quiterss - Free news feeds reader.
- lwindolf/liferea - Liferea (Linux Feed Reader), a news reader for GTK/GNOME.
- samuelclay/NewsBlur - NewsBlur is a personal news reader that brings people together to talk about the world. A new sound of an old instrument.
- ViennaRSS/vienna-rss - Vienna is a free and open-source RSS/Atom newsreader for macOS.
- ciderpunx/twitrssme - Tool to make Twitter timelines and searches into RSS feeds.
- (Gogs) fox/tt-rss - Tiny Tiny RSS: Self-hosted feed reader.
- irssi/irssi - The client of the future.
- weechat/weechat - The extensible chat client.
- wee-slack/wee-slack - A WeeChat plugin for Slack.com. Supports threads and reactions, synchronizes read markers, provides typing notification, etc..
- hexchat/hexchat - GTK+ IRC client.
- thelounge/thelounge - Modern, responsive, cross-platform, self-hosted web IRC client. https://thelounge.chat.
- kiwiirc/kiwiirc - Next generation of the Kiwi IRC web client.
- (Bitbucket) pidgin/main - Main Pidgin Repository.
- irccloud/irccloud-desktop - IRCCloud Desktop App.
DeaDBeeF-Player/deadbeef - DeaDBeeF Player.
MusicPlayerDaemon/MPD - Music Player Daemon.
cmus/cmus - Small, fast and powerful console music player for Unix-like operating systems.
ncmpcpp - Featureful ncurses based MPD client inspired by ncmpc.
clementine-player/Clementine - Clementine Music Player.
audacious-media-player/audacious - A lightweight and versatile audio player.
- lfos/calcurse - A text-based calendar and scheduling application.
- xgi/castero - TUI podcast client for the terminal.
Games and Tools
- lutris/lutris - Open Source gaming platform for GNU/Linux.
- Stellarium/stellarium - Stellarium is a free GPL software which renders realistic skies in real time with OpenGL. It is available for Linux/Unix, Windows and MacOSX. With Stellarium, you really see what you can see with your eyes, binoculars or a small telescope.
- pioneerspacesim/pioneer - A game of lonely space adventure.
- CelestiaProject/Celestia - Real-time 3D visualization of space.
- flatpak/flatpak - Linux application sandboxing and distribution framework.
- AppImage/appimagekit - Package desktop applications as AppImages that run on common Linux-based operating systems, such as RHEL, CentOS, openSUSE, SLED, Ubuntu, Fedora, debian and derivatives.
- jgraph/drawio - Source to https://app.diagrams.net, previously https://draw.io.
- mobile-shell/mosh - Mobile Shell.
- zfsonlinux/zfs - ZFS on Linux - the official OpenZFS implementation for Linux.
- libfuse/sshfs - A network filesystem client to connect to SSH servers.
- ajaxorg/ace - Ace (Ajax.org Cloud9 Editor) (https://ace.c9.io).
- netblue30/firejail - Linux namespaces and seccomp-bpf sandbox (https://firejail.wordpress.com).
- sharkdp/pastel - A command-line tool to generate, analyze, convert and manipulate colors.
- karlstav/cava - Console-based Audio Visualizer for Alsa.
- mtoyoda/sl - SL(1): Cure your bad habit of mistyping.
- abishekvashok/cmatrix - Terminal based "The Matrix" like implementation.
- bartobri/no-more-secrets - A command line tool that recreates the famous data decryption effect seen in the 1992 movie Sneakers.
- amanusk/s-tui - Terminal-based CPU stress and monitoring utility.
- anvaka/pm - package managers visualization.
- systemd/systemd - The systemd System and Service Manager.
- ankitects/anki - Anki for desktop computers.
- sabnzbd/sabnzbd - SABnzbd - The automated Usenet download tool.
- mps-youtube/mps-youtube - Terminal based YouTube player and downloader.
- haikarainen/light - GNU/Linux application to control backlights.
- Hammerspoon/hammerspoon - Staggeringly powerful macOS desktop automation with Lua.
- pqrs-org/Karabiner-Elements - Karabiner-Elements is a powerful utility for keyboard customization on macOS Sierra (10.12) or later.
- firstlookmedia/dangerzone - Take potentially dangerous PDFs, office documents, or images and convert them to a safe PDF.
- RSS-Bridge/rss-bridge - The RSS feed for websites missing it.
- saulpw/visidata - A terminal spreadsheet multitool for discovering and arranging data.
- sinclairtarget/um - Create and maintain your own man pages so you can remember how to do stuff.
- johang/btfs - A bittorrent filesystem based on FUSE.
- spieglt/whatfiles - Log what files are accessed by any Linux process.
- django/django - The Web framework for perfectionists with deadlines.
- django/channels - Developer-friendly asynchrony for Django.
- encode/django-rest-framework - Web APIs for Django.
- django-crispy-forms/django-crispy-forms - The best way to have DRY Django forms. The app provides a tag and filter that lets you quickly render forms in a div format while providing an enormous amount of capability to configure and control the rendered HTML.
- axnsan12/drf-yasg) - Automated generation of real Swagger/OpenAPI 2.0 schemas from Django REST Framework code.
- divio/django-cms - The easy-to-use and developer-friendly CMS.
- sunscrapers/djoser - REST implementation of Django authentication system.
- joke2k/django-environ - Django-environ allows you to utilize 12factor inspired environment variables to configure your Django application.
- jazzband/django-oauth-toolkit - OAuth2 goodies for the Djangonauts!
- SmileyChris/easy-thumbnails - Easy thumbnails for Django.
- niwinz/django-redis - Full featured redis cache backend for Django.
- Bouke/django-two-factor-auth - Complete Two-Factor Authentication for Django providing the easiest integration into most Django projects.
- dmpayton/django-admin-honeypot - A fake Django admin login screen page.
- django-extensions/django-extensions - This is a repository for collecting global custom management extensions for the Django Framework.
- jazzband/django-debug-toolbar - A configurable set of panels that display various debug information about the current request/response.
- django-haystack/django-haystack - Modular search for Django.
- etianen/django-watson - Full-text multi-table search application for Django. Easy to install and use, with good performance.
- James1345/django-rest-knox - Authentication Module for django rest auth.
- marcgibbons/django-rest-swagger - Swagger Documentation Generator for Django REST Framework.
- pallets/flask - The Python micro framework for building web applications.
- tornadoweb/tornado - Python web framework and asynchronous networking library, originally developed at FriendFeed.
- aio-libs/aiohttp - Asynchronous HTTP client/server framework for asyncio and Python.
- tiangolo/fastapi - FastAPI framework, high performance, easy to learn, fast to code, ready for production.
- hugapi/hug - Embrace the APIs of the future. Hug aims to make developing APIs as simple as possible, but no simpler.
- Rapptz/discord.py - An API wrapper for Discord written in Python.
- django/django - The Web framework for perfectionists with deadlines.
- pandas-dev/pandas - Flexible and powerful data analysis / manipulation library for Python, providing labeled data structures similar to R data.frame objects, statistical functions, and much more.
- matplotlib/matplotlib - matplotlib: plotting with Python.
- numpy/numpy - The fundamental package for scientific computing with Python.
- scipy/scipy/ - Scipy library main repository.
- bokeh/bokeh - Interactive Data Visualization in the browser, from Python.
sagemath/sage - Mathematics software system.
dask/dask - Parallel computing with task scheduling.
holoviz/holoviews - With Holoviews, your data visualizes itself.
kennethreitz/requests - A simple, yet elegant HTTP library.
psf/requests-html - Pythonic HTML Parsing for Humans™.
twisted/twisted - Event-driven networking engine written in Python.
nltk/nltk - Natural Language Toolkit.
scikit-learn/scikit-learn - machine learning in Python.
pytorch/pytorch - Tensors and Dynamic neural networks in Python with strong GPU acceleration.
(launchpad) ~leonardr/beautifulsoup - library that makes it easy to scrape information from web pages.
pygame/pygame - pygame (the library) is a Free and Open Source python programming language library for making multimedia applications like games built on top of the excellent SDL library. C, Python, Native, OpenGL.
kivy/kivy - Open source UI framework written in Python, running on Windows, Linux, macOS, Android and iOS.
PyQt - Python binding of the cross-platform GUI toolkit Qt, implemented as a Python plug-in.
3b1b/manim - Animation engine for explanatory math videos.
docopt/docopt - Pythonic command line arguments parser, that will make you smile.
googleapis/google-api-python-client - The official Python client library for Google's discovery based APIs.
burnash/gspread - Google Sheets Python API.
dbader/schedule - Python job scheduling for humans.
google/python-fire - Python Fire is a library for automatically generating command line interfaces (CLIs) from absolutely any Python object.
google/jax - Composable transformations of Python+NumPy programs: differentiate, vectorize, JIT to GPU/TPU, and more.
PyGithub/PyGithub - Typed interactions with the GitHub API v3.
marshmallow-code/marshmallow - A lightweight library for converting complex objects to and from simple Python datatypes.
psf/black - The uncompromising Python code formatter.
davidhalter/jedi - Awesome autocompletion and static analysis library for python.
facebookresearch/pyrobot - PyRobot: An Open Source Robotics Research Platform.
brython-dev/brython - Brython (Browser Python) is an implementation of Python 3 running in the browser.
codelucas/newspaper - News, full-text, and article metadata extraction in Python 3.
willmcgugan/rich - Rich is a Python library for rich text and beautiful formatting in the terminal.
tqdm/tqdm - A Fast, Extensible Progress Bar for Python and CLI.
kotartemiy/newscatcher - Programmatically collect normalized news from (almost) any website.
kotartemiy/pygooglenews - If Google News had a Python library.
postmanlabs/httpbin - HTTP Request & Response Service, written in Python + Flask.
buckket/twtxt - Decentralised, minimalist microblogging service for hackers.
python-telegram-bot/python-telegram-bot - A pure Python interface for the Telegram Bot API.
mkdocs/mkdocs - Project documentation with Markdown.
Miserlou/Zappa - Serverless Python.
dw/mitogen - Distributed self-replicating programs in Python.
harismuneer/Ultimate-Facebook-Scraper - A bot which scrapes almost everything about a Facebook user's profile including all public posts/statuses available on the user's timeline, uploaded photos, tagged photos, videos, friends list and their profile photos (including Followers, Following, Work Friends, College Friends etc).
rq/rq - Simple job queues for Python.
amueller/word_cloud - A little word cloud generator in Python.
certbot/certbot - Certbot is EFF's tool to obtain certs from Let's Encrypt and (optionally) auto-enable HTTPS on your server. It can also act as a client for any other CA that uses the ACME protocol.
sunainapai/makesite - Simple, lightweight, and magic-free static site/blog generator for Python coders.
minimaxir/stylecloud - Python package + CLI to generate stylistic wordclouds, including gradients and icon shapes!
cookiecutter/cookiecutter - A command-line utility that creates projects from cookiecutters (project templates), e.g. Python package projects, jQuery plugin projects.
sympy/sympy - A computer algebra system written in pure Python.
cool-RR/PySnooper - Never use print for debugging again.
a1studmuffin/SpaceshipGenerator - A Blender script to procedurally generate 3D spaceships.
- STRML/strml.net - STRML: Projects & Work.
- metafizzy/flickity - Touch, responsive, flickable carousels.
- cssnano/cssnano - A modular minifier, built on top of the PostCSS ecosystem.
- css/csso - CSS minifier with structural optimizations.
- matthieua/WOW - Reveal CSS animation as you scroll down a page.
- tobiasahlin/SpinKit - A collection of loading indicators animated with CSS.
- qrohlf/trianglify - Algorithmically generated triangle art.
- kazzkiq/balloon.css - Simple tooltips made of pure CSS.
- miniMAC/magic - CSS3 Animations with special effects.
- tobiasahlin/SpinKit - A collection of loading indicators animated with CSS.
- IanLunn/Hover - A collection of CSS3 powered hover effects to be applied to links, buttons, logos, SVG, featured images and so on. Easily apply to your own elements, modify or just use for inspiration. Available in CSS, Sass, and LESS.
- Compass/compass - Compass is no longer actively maintained. Compass is a Stylesheet Authoring Environment that makes your website design simpler to implement and easier to maintain.
- svgdotjs/svg.js - The lightweight library for manipulating and animating SVG.
- d3/d3 - Bring data to life with SVG, Canvas and HTML.
- c3js/c3 - A D3-based reusable chart library.
- palantir/plottable - A library of modular chart components built on D3.
- eventbrite/britecharts - Client-side reusable Charting Library based on D3.js v5 that allows easy and intuitive use of charts and components that can be composed together creating amazing visualizations.
- plouc/nivo - nivo provides a rich set of dataviz components, built on top of the awesome d3 and Reactjs libraries.
- vega/vega - A visualization grammar.
- pshihn/rough - Create graphics with a hand-drawn, sketchy, appearance.
- frappe/charts - Simple, responsive, modern SVG Charts with zero dependencies.
- (Web) Observable - The magic notebook for data visualization.
- d3/d3 - Bring data to life with SVG, Canvas and HTML.
hakimel/reveal.js - The HTML Presentation Framework.
webslides/webslides - Create HTML presentations in seconds.
parcel-bundler/parcel - Blazing fast, zero configuration web application bundler.
rollup/rollup - Next-generation ES module bundler.
yarnpkg/yarn - Fast, reliable, and secure dependency management.
KyleAMathews/typography.js - A powerful toolkit for building websites with beautiful design.
michalsnik/aos - Animate On Scroll Library.
dc-js/dc.js - Multi-Dimensional charting built to work natively with crossfilter rendered with d3.js.
chartjs/Chart.js - Simple HTML5 Charts using the
metafizzy/infinite-scroll - Automatically add next page.
jashkenas/backbone - Give your JS App some Backbone with Models, Views, Collections, and Events.
wentin/underlineJS - Pushing the boundary of browser typography rendering!
postcss/postcss - Transforming styles with JS plugins.
frctl/fractal - A tool to help you build & document web component libraries, and then integrate them into your web projects.
nolimits4web/swiper - Most modern mobile touch slider with hardware accelerated transitions.
get-alex/alex - Catch insensitive, inconsiderate writing.
pomber/code-surfer - Rad code slides.
cure53/DOMPurify - DOMPurify - a DOM-only, super-fast, uber-tolerant XSS sanitizer for HTML, MathML and SVG. DOMPurify works with a secure default, but offers a lot of configurability and hooks.
apostrophecms/sanitize-html - Clean up user-submitted HTML, preserving whitelisted elements and whitelisted attributes on a per-element basis. Built on htmlparser2 for speed and tolerance.
dimsemenov/Magnific-Popup - Light and responsive lightbox script with focus on performance.
mjackson/unpkg - The CDN for everything on npm.
financial-times/polyfill-service - Automatic polyfill service.
marko-js/marko - A declarative, HTML-based language that makes building web apps fun.
prettier/prettier - Prettier is an opinionated code formatter.
processing/p5.js - p5.js is a client-side JS platform that empowers artists, designers, students, and anyone to learn to code and express themselves creatively on the web. It is based on the core principles of Processing.
videojs/video.js - Video.js - open source HTML5 & Flash video player.
emotion-js/emotion - CSS-in-JS library designed for high performance style composition.
rstacruz/nprogress - For slim progress bars like on YouTube, Medium, etc.
infinitered/nsfwjs - NSFW detection on the client-side via TensorFlow.js.
callstack/linaria - Zero-runtime CSS in JS library.
browserstate/history.js - History.js gracefully supports the HTML5 History/State APIs (pushState, replaceState, onPopState) in all browsers. Including continued support for data, titles, replaceState. Supports jQuery, MooTools and Prototype. For HTML5 browsers this means that you can modify the URL directly, without needing to use hashes anymore.
xtermjs/xterm.js - A terminal for the web.
alvarotrigo/fullPage.js - fullPage plugin by Alvaro Trigo. Create full screen pages fast and simple.
rawgraphs/raw - The missing link between spreadsheets and data visualization.
aurelia/framework - The Aurelia 1 framework entry point, bringing together all the required sub-modules of Aurelia.
developit/htm - Hyperscript Tagged Markup: JSX alternative using standard tagged templates, with compiler support.
facebook/yoga - Yoga is a cross-platform layout engine which implements Flexbox.
codemirror/CodeMirror - In-browser code editor.
usablica/intro.js - A better way for new feature introduction and step-by-step users guide for your website and project.
jonobr1/two.js - A renderer agnostic two-dimensional drawing api for the web.
turbolinks/turbolinks - Turbolinks makes navigating your web application faster.
mozilla/readability - A standalone version of the readability lib.
ml5js/ml5-library - Friendly machine learning for the web!
1j01/jspaint - Classic MS Paint, ＲＥＶＩＶＥＤ + Extras. https://jspaint.app.
Requarks/wiki - Wiki.js | A modern, lightweight and powerful wiki app built on Node.js.
cheeriojs/cheerio - Fast, flexible, and lean implementation of core jQuery designed specifically for the server.
airbnb/lottie-web - Render After Effects animations natively on Web, Android and iOS, and React Native.
vasanthv/jsonbox - A Free HTTP based JSON storage. https://jsonbox.io.
jsfiddle/togetherjs - A service for your website that makes it surprisingly easy to collaborate in real-time.
liabru/matter-js - a 2D rigid body physics engine for the web ▲ ● ■.
barbajs/barba - Create badass, fluid and smooth transition between your website's pages.
zenorocha/clipboard.js - Modern copy to clipboard. No Flash. Just 3kb gzipped.
mermaid-js/mermaid - Generation of diagram and flowchart from text in a similar manner as markdown.
dundalek/markmap - Visualize markdown documents as mindmaps.
gera2ld/markmap-lib - Visualize your Markdown as mindmaps with Markmap.
jamiebuilds/the-super-tiny-compiler - Possibly the smallest compiler ever.
ianstormtaylor/slate - A completely customizable framework for building rich text editors.
nathancahill/split - Unopinionated utilities for resizeable split views.
grid-js/gridjs - Advanced table plugin.
mdx-js/mdx - JSX in Markdown for ambitious projects.
handlebars-lang/handlebars.js - Minimal templating on steroids.
quilljs/quill - Quill is a modern WYSIWYG editor built for compatibility and extensibility.
ProseMirror/prosemirror - The ProseMirror WYSIWYM editor.
iamkun/dayjs - 2KB immutable date library alternative to Moment.js with the same modern API.
SchemaStore/schemastore - A collection of JSON schema files including full API.
arwes/arwes - Futuristic Sci-Fi and Cyberpunk Graphical User Interface Framework for Web Apps.
shoelace-style/shoelace - A collection of professionally designed, every day UI components built on a framework-agnostic technology. 🥾.
jorgebucaran/hyperapp - The tiny framework for building hypertext applications.
- teambit/bit - Build, distribute and collaborate on reusable components.
- grafana/grafana - The tool for beautiful monitoring and metric analytics & dashboards for Graphite, InfluxDB & Prometheus & More.
- excalidraw/excalidraw - Excalidraw is a whiteboard tool that lets you easily sketch diagrams that have a hand-drawn feel to them.
- emmetio/emmet - The essential toolkit for web-developers.
- pshihn/rough-notation - Create and animate hand-drawn annotations on a web page.
- rust-lang/rust - Empowering everyone to build reliable and efficient software.
- actix/actix-web - Actix web is a small, pragmatic, and extremely fast rust web framework. https://actix.rs.
- rust-analyzer/rust-analyzer - An experimental Rust compiler front-end for IDEs.
- diesel-rs/diesel - A safe, extensible ORM and Query Builder for Rust.
- rust-lang/mdBook - Create book from markdown files. Like Gitbook but implemented in Rust.
- racer-rust/racer - Rust Code Completion utility.
- lotabout/skim - Fuzzy Finder in rust!
- sapir/gcc-rust - a (WIP) Rust frontend for gcc.
- jhspetersson/fselect - Find files with SQL-like queries.
- remacs/remacs - Rust 💜 Emacs.
- bayard-search/bayard - Bayard is a full-text search and indexing server written in Rust.
- samuela/rustybox) - A free-range, non-GMO fork of busybox in 100% Rust.
- dabreegster/abstreet - A traffic simulation game exploring how small changes to roads affect cyclists, transit users, pedestrians, and drivers.
- greshake/i3status-rust - Very resourcefriendly and feature-rich replacement for i3status, written in pure Rust.
- bootandy/dust - A more intuitive version of du in rust.
- dani-garcia/bitwarden_rs - Unofficial Bitwarden compatible server written in Rust.
- dessalines/lemmy - Building a federated alternative to reddit in rust.
- amethyst/amethyst - Data-oriented and data-driven game engine written in Rust.
- (Web) PostgreSQL
- timescale/timescaledb - An open-source time-series SQL database optimized for fast ingest and complex queries. Packaged as a PostgreSQL extension.
- (Web) MySQL
- (Web) Apache Cassandra
- knex/knex - A query builder for PostgreSQL, MySQL and SQLite3, designed to be flexible, portable, and fun to use.
- google/leveldb - LevelDB is a fast key-value storage library written at Google that provides an ordered mapping from string keys to string values.
- plotly/falcon - Free, open-source SQL client for Windows and Mac.
- xo/usql - Universal command-line interface for SQL databases.
- HeidiSQL/HeidiSQL - A lightweight client for managing MariaDB, MySQL, SQL Server and PostgreSQL, written in Delphi.
- Automattic/mongoose - MongoDB object modeling designed to work in an asynchronous environment.
- pouchdb/pouchdb - PouchDB is a pocket-sized database.
- liquidata-inc/dolt - Dolt – It's Git for Data.
- (Web) Apache Hadoop - framework that allows for the distributed processing of large data sets across clusters of computers using simple programming models.
- (GitLab) mbunkus/mkvtoolnix - Creating and working with Matroska files.
- llvm/llvm-project - The LLVM Project is a collection of modular and reusable compiler and toolchain technologies.
- nlohmann/json - JSON for Modern C++.
- Tencent/rapidjson - A fast JSON parser/generator for C++ with both SAX/DOM style API.
- google/differential-privacy - Google's C++ differential privacy library.
- Microsoft/vcpkg - C++ Library Manager for Windows, Linux, and MacOS.
- google/re2 - RE2 is a fast, safe, thread-friendly alternative to backtracking regular expression engines like those used in PCRE, Perl, and Python. It is a C++ library.
- idea4good/GuiLite - The smallest header-only GUI library(5 KLOC) for all platforms.
- golang/go - The Go programming language.
- gobuffalo/buffalo - Rapid Web Development w/ Go.
- zserge/lorca - Build cross-platform modern desktop apps in Go + HTML5.
- keybase/client - Keybase Go Library, Client, Service, OS X, iOS, Android, Electron.
- sjwhitworth/golearn - Machine Learning for Go.
- zricethezav/gitleaks - Audit git repos for secrets.
- (GitLab) commento/commento - Commento is a fast, privacy-focused commenting platform.
- sourcegraph/sourcegraph - Universal code search and navigation tool.
- spring-projects/spring-boot - Spring Boot.
- spring-projects/spring-framework - Spring Framework.
- ReactiveX/RxJava - RxJava – Reactive Extensions for the JVM – a library for composing asynchronous and event-based programs using observable sequences for the Java VM.
- bumptech/glide - An image loading and caching library for Android focused on smooth scrolling.
- orchidhq/orchid - Build and deploy beautiful documentation sites that grow with you. https://orchid.run.
- jaspervdj/patat - Terminal-based presentations using Pandoc.
- polynote/polynote - A better notebook for Scala (and more).
- Genymobile/scrcpy - Display and control your Android device.
- (GitLab) graphviz/graphviz - Graph Visualization Tools.
- antirez/redis - Redis is an in-memory database that persists on disk. The data model is key-value, but many different kind of values are supported: Strings, Lists, Sets, Sorted Sets, Hashes, Streams, HyperLogLogs, Bitmaps.
- google/brotli - Brotli compression format.
- memcached/memcached - memcached development tree.
- ozkl/soso - A Simple Unix-like operating system.
- openwrt/openwrt - The OpenWrt Project is a Linux operating system targeting embedded devices.
- mirror/busybox - BusyBox: The Swiss Army Knife of Embedded Linux.
- urbit/urbit - A personal server operating function.
- littlevgl/lvgl - Powerful and easy-to-use embedded GUI with many widgets, advanced visual effects (opacity, antialiasing, animations) and low memory requirements (16K RAM, 64K Flash).
- git/git - Git Source Code.
- git-lfs/git-lfs - Git extension for versioning large files.
- git-annex - Manage, share, and sync your large files with the power of git and the ease of use of a simple folder you drop files into.
- pomber/git-history - Quickly browse the history of a file from any git repository.
- frostming/legit - Git for Humans, Inspired by GitHub for Mac™.
- StylishThemes/GitHub-Dark - Dark GitHub stylew.
- toptal/gitignore.io - Create useful .gitignore files for your project gitignore.io.
- astralapp/astral - Organize Your GitHub Stars With Ease.
- eth0izzle/shhgit - Ah shhgit! Find GitHub secrets in real time.
- caarlos0/starcharts - Plot your repository stars over time.
- o2sh/onefetch - Git repository summary on your terminal.
- CoatiSoftware/Sourcetrail - free and open-source interactive source explorer.
- nwtgck/gh-card - GitHub Repository Card for Every Web Site.
- lepture/github-cards - The unofficial GitHub Cards. Card for your GitHub profile, card for your GitHub repositories.
- cli/cli - The GitHub CLI.
- kefranabg/readme-md-generator - CLI that generates beautiful README.md files.
- dandavison/delta - A syntax-highlighter for git and diff output.
- jonas/tig - Text-mode interface for git.
- thlorenz/doctoc - Generates table of contents for markdown files inside local git repository. Links are compatible with anchors generated by github or other sites.
- badges/shields - Concise, consistent, and legible badges in SVG and raster format.
- github-corners - A fresher "Fork me on GitHub" callout.
- (Web) Official GitHub Ribbons
- git/git - Git Source Code.
- gitlabhq/gitlabhq - GitLab CE Mirror.
- gogs/gogs - Gogs is a painless self-hosted Git service.
- go-gitea/gitea - Git with a cup of tea, painless self-hosted git service.
- sitaramc/gitolite - Hosting git repositories -- Gitolite allows you to setup git hosting on a central server, with very fine-grained access control and many (many!) more powerful features.
- gitbucket/gitbucket - A Git platform powered by Scala with easy installation, high extensibility & GitHub API compatibility.
- phacility/phabricator - Open software engineering platform and fun adventure game.
- (Web) sourcehut - open source software development platform.
- gitlabhq/gitlabhq - GitLab CE Mirror.
CSS Frameworks/Design Systems
FullHuman/purgecss - Remove unused CSS.
kognise/water.css - A just-add-css collection of styles to make simple websites just a little nicer.
andybrewer/mvp - Minimalist stylesheet for HTML elements.
pure-css/pure - A set of small, responsive CSS modules that you can use in every web project.
daneden/animate.css - A cross-browser library of CSS animations. As easy to use as an easy thing.
necolas/normalize.css - A modern alternative to CSS resets.
jgthms/minireset.css - A tiny modern CSS reset.
foundation/foundation-sites - The most advanced responsive front-end framework in the world. Quickly create prototypes and production code for sites that work on any kind of device.
Dogfalo/materialize - Materialize, a CSS Framework based on Material Design.
jgthms/bulma - Modern CSS framework based on Flexbox.
tailwindcss/tailwindcss - A utility-first CSS framework for rapid UI development.
thomaspark/bootswatch - Themes for Bootstrap.
stylus/stylus - Expressive, robust, feature-rich CSS language built for nodejs.
uikit/uikit - A lightweight and modular front-end framework for developing fast and powerful web interfaces.
Gioni06/terminal.css - Modern and minimalistic CSS framework for terminal enthusiasts.
ajusa/lit - World's smallest responsive css framework (395 bytes).
primer/css - The CSS design system that powers GitHub. https://primer.style/css.
salesforce-ux/design-system - Salesforce Lightning Design System.
FirefoxUX/photon - Firefox's Photon Design System.
jdan/98.css - A design system for building faithful recreations of old UIs.
- angular/angular.js - AngularJS - HTML enhanced for web apps!
- facebook/create-react-app - Set up a modern web app by running one command.
- facebook/draft-js - A React framework for building text editors.
- expo/expo - An open-source platform for making universal native apps with React. Expo runs on Android, iOS, and the web.
- react-boilerplate/react-boilerplate - A highly scalable, offline-first foundation with the best developer experience and a focus on performance and best practices.
- react-bootstrap/react-bootstrap - Bootstrap components built with React.
- reactstrap/reactstrap - Simple React Bootstrap 4 components.
- mui-org/material-ui - React components for faster and easier web development. Build your own design system, or start with Material Design.
- chakra-ui/chakra-ui/ - Simple, Modular & Accessible UI Components for your React Applications.
- jamiebuilds/react-loadable - A higher order component for loading components with promises.
- jaredpalmer/formik - Build forms in React, without the tears.
- jxnblk/mdx-deck - React MDX-based presentation decks.
- wojtekmaj/react-pdf - Display PDFs in your React app as easily as if they were images.
- gabrielbull/react-desktop - React UI Components for macOS High Sierra and Windows 10.
- redux-form/redux-form - A Higher Order Component using react-redux to keep form state in a Redux store.
- appbaseio/reactivesearch - React, React Native and Vue UI components for building data-driven apps with Elasticsearch.
- preactjs/preact - Fast 3kB React alternative with the same modern API. Components & Virtual DOM.
- styleguidist/react-styleguidist - Isolated React component development environment with a living style guide. https://react-styleguidist.js.org.
- storybookjs/storybook - UI component dev & test: React, Vue, Angular, React Native, Ember, Web Components & more!
- prevwong/craft.js - A React Framework for building extensible drag and drop page editors.
- infinitered/reactotron - A desktop app for inspecting your React JS and React Native projects. macOS, Linux, and Windows.
- hshoff/vx - react + d3 = vx | visualization components.
- react-split-pane - React split-pane component.
- SimulatedGREG/electron-vue - An Electron & Vue.js quick start boilerplate with vue-cli scaffolding, common Vue plugins, electron-packager/electron-builder, unit/e2e testing, vue-devtools, and webpack.
- ElemeFE/element - A Vue.js 2.0 UI Toolkit for Web.
- bootstrap-vue/bootstrap-vue - BootstrapVue, with over 40 plugins, more than 80 custom components and over 300 icons, provides one of the most comprehensive implementations of Bootstrap v4 components and grid system for Vue.js. With extensive and automated WAI-ARIA accessibility markup.
- buefy/buefy - Lightweight UI components for Vue.js based on Bulma.
- glimmerjs/glimmer.js - Fast and light-weight UI components for the web.
- sveltejs/svelte - Cybernetically enhanced web apps.
- styled-components/styled-components - Visual primitives for the component age. Use the best bits of ES6 and CSS to style your apps without stress 💅.
- choojs/choo - sturdy 4kb frontend framework.
State Management Tools
- facebook/flux - Application Architecture for Building User Interfaces.
- mobxjs/mobx - Simple, scalable state management.
- facebookexperimental/Recoil - Recoil is an experimental state management library for React apps. It provides several capabilities that are difficult to achieve with React alone, while being compatible with the newest features of React.
- TryGhost/Ghost - The #1 headless Node.js CMS for professional publishing.
- socketio/socket.io - Realtime application framework (Node.JS server).
- expressjs/express - Fast, unopinionated, minimalist web framework for node.
- graphql/express-graphql - Create a GraphQL HTTP server with Express.
- tj/commander.js - node.js command-line interfaces made easy.
- enquirer/enquirer - Stylish, intuitive and user-friendly prompts.
- balderdashy/sails - Realtime MVC Framework for Node.js.
- jaredhanson/passport - Simple, unobtrusive authentication for Node.js.
- shelljs/shelljs - Portable Unix shell commands for Node.js.
- strongloop/loopback - LoopBack makes it easy to build modern applications that require complex integrations.
- microsoft/playwright - Node library to automate Chromium, Firefox and WebKit with a single API.
- sahat/hackathon-starter - A boilerplate for Node.js web applications.
- axios/axios - Promise based HTTP client for the browser and node.js.
- caolan/async - Async utilities for node and the browser.
- kimmobrunfeldt/concurrently - Run commands concurrently. Like
npm run watch-js & npm run watch-lessbut better.
- pugjs/pug – robust, elegant, feature rich template engine for Node.js.
- nvm-sh/nvm - Node Version Manager - POSIX-compliant bash script to manage multiple active node.js versions.
Web Development Tools
- sdras/cssgridgenerator - Generate basic CSS Grid code to make dynamic layouts!
(GitLab) fdroid/fdroidclient - Android client application.
(GitLab) AuroraOSS/AuroraStore - An Open Source alternative for Google Play Store.
(GitLab) juanitobananas/scrambled-exif - Remove Exif data from pictures before sharing them.
duckduckgo/android - DuckDuckGo Android App.
open-keychain/open-keychain - OpenPGP implementation for Android.
M66B/NetGuard - A simple way to block access to the internet per app.
andOTP/andOTP - Open source two-factor authentication for Android.
topjohnwu/Magisk - The Magic Mask for Android.
ligi/SurvivalManual - Libre Survival Manual for Android with offline in mind.
connectbot/connectbot - ConnectBot is the first SSH client for Android.
hidroh/materialistic - A material-design Hacker News Android reader.
PhilippC/keepass2android - Password manager app for Android.
bpellin/keepassdroid - KeePass implementation for android.
AntennaPod/AntennaPod - A podcast manager for Android.
VREMSoftwareDevelopment/WifiAnalyzer - Android application to analyze WiFi signals.
iSoron/uhabits - Loop Habit Tracker, a mobile app for creating and maintaining long-term positive habits.
meefik/busybox - BusyBox for Android.
Neamar/KISS - Lightning fast, open-source, 200kb Android launcher.
sky-map-team/stardroid - Sky Map (formerly Google Sky Map, open sourced in 2012).
VREMSoftwareDevelopment/WiFiAnalyzer - Android application to analyze WiFi signals.
- inputmice/Conversations - Conversations is an open source XMPP/Jabber client for Android.
- foobnix/LibreraReader - Book Reader for Android.
- k0shk0sh/FastHub - FastHub the ultimate GitHub client for Android.
- jonan/ForkHub - GitHub client for Android based on the abandoned official app.
- ThirtyDegreesRay/OpenHub - An open source GitHub Android client app, faster and concise.
- (GitLab) Commit451/LabCoat - Manage your GitLab projects on the go! GitLab app for Android.
- (GitLab) spacecowboy/Feeder - Android RSS reader app.
- zealdocs/zeal - Offline documentation browser inspired by Dash.
- Kapeli/Dash-iOS - Dash gives your iPad and iPhone instant offline access to 200+ API documentation sets.
- freeCodeCamp/devdocs - API Documentation Browser.
- readthedocs/readthedocs.org - The source code that powers readthedocs.org.
- sunaku/dasht - Search API docs offline, in terminal or browser.
- jgm/pandoc - Universal markup converter.
- BoostIO/Boostnote - A markdown editor for developers.
- marktext/marktext - A simple and elegant markdown editor.
- markdown-it/markdown-it - Markdown parser, done right. 100% CommonMark support, extensions, syntax plugins & high speed.
- jonschlinkert/remarkable - Markdown parser, done right. Commonmark support, extensions, syntax plugins, high speed.
- markedjs/marked - A markdown parser and compiler. Built for speed.
- wereturtle/ghostwriter - ghostwriter is a cross-platform, aesthetic, distraction-free Markdown editor.
- asciidoctor/asciidoctor - A fast, open source text processor and publishing toolchain, written in Ruby, for converting AsciiDoc content to HTML 5, DocBook 5, and other formats.
- (GitLab) antora/antora - A modular documentation site generator. Designed for users of Asciidoctor.
Instant Messaging/Communication/Video Conferencing
- Signal - Signal — Private Messenger for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- loki-project/session-desktop - Session Desktop - Onion routing based messenger.
- telegramdesktop/tdesktop - Telegram Desktop messaging app.
- mattermost/mattermost-server - Open source Slack-alternative in Golang and React.
- vector-im/riot-web - A glossy Matrix collaboration client for the web.
- wireapp/wire-server - Wire back-end services.
- TokTok/c-toxcore - The future of online communications. https://tox.chat.
- (Web) briar/briar - Secure messaging, anywhere.
- jitsi/jitsi-meet - Jitsi Meet - Secure, Simple and Scalable Video Conferences that you use as a standalone app or embed in your web application.
- (Web) Brave Together
- OpenVidu/openvidu - Easy videoconference in your web or mobile app.
- mumble-voip/mumble - Mumble is an open source, low-latency, high quality voice chat software primarily intended for use while gaming.
- ProtonMail/WebClient - Official AngularJS web client for the ProtonMail secure email service.
- tutao/tutanota - Tutanota is an email client with a strong focus on security and privacy that lets you encrypt emails on all your devices.
- SeleniumHQ/selenium - A browser automation framework and ecosystem.
- jenkinsci/jenkins - Jenkins automation server.
- ansible/ansible - Ansible is a radically simple IT automation platform that makes your applications and systems easier to deploy. Avoid writing scripts or custom code to deploy and update your applications — automate in a language that approaches plain English, using SSH, with no agents to install on remote systems. https://docs.ansible.com/ansible/.
Static Site Generators
- gatsbyjs/gatsby - Build blazing fast, modern apps and websites with React.
- jaspervdj/hakyll - A static website compiler library in Haskell.
- gridsome/gridsome - ⚡️Build lightning fast websites and apps with Vue.js.
- getzola/zola - A fast static site generator in a single binary with everything built-in.
- jekyll/jekyll - Jekyll is a blog-aware static site generator in Ruby.
- 11ty/eleventy - A simpler static site generator. An alternative to Jekyll. Transforms a directory of templates (of varying types) into HTML.
- imathis/octopress - Octopress is an obsessively designed framework for Jekyll blogging. It’s easy to configure and easy to deploy. Sweet huh?
- barryclark/jekyll-now - Build a Jekyll blog in minutes, without touching the command line.
- zeit/next.js - The React Framework.
- facebook/docusaurus - Easy to maintain open source documentation websites.
- gohugoio/hugo - The world’s fastest framework for building websites.
- netlify-templates/victor-hugo - Victor Hugo is a Hugo boilerplate for creating truly epic websites!
- react-static/react-static - A progressive static site generator for React.
- middleman/middleman - Hand-crafted frontend development.
- facebook/react-native - A framework for building native apps with React.
- microsoft/react-native-windows - A framework for building native Windows apps with React.
- infinitered/ignite - The hottest CLI for React Native, boilerplates, plugins, generators, and more!
- react-native-gesture-handler - Declarative API exposing platform native touch and gesture system to React Native.
- callstack/react-native-paper - Material Design for React Native (Android & iOS).
- callstack/haul - Haul is a command line tool for developing React Native apps, powered by Webpack.
- react-native-elements/react-native-elements - Cross Platform React Native UI Toolkit.
- electron-userland/electron-builder - A complete solution to package and build a ready for distribution Electron app with “auto update” support out of the box.
- ionic-team/ionic - Build amazing native and progressive web apps with open web technologies. One app running on everything.
- flutter/flutter - Flutter makes it easy and fast to build beautiful mobile apps.
- facebook/react-native - A framework for building native apps with React.
- veracrypt/VeraCrypt - Disk encryption with strong security based on TrueCrypt.
- cryptomator/cryptomator - Multi-platform transparent client-side encryption of your files in the cloud.
- FiloSottile/age - A simple, modern and secure encryption tool with small explicit keys, no config options, and UNIX-style composability. age-encryption.org.
- xbmc/xbmc - Kodi is an award-winning free and open source home theater/media center software and entertainment hub for digital media. With its beautiful interface and powerful skinning engine.
- jellyfin/jellyfin - The Free Software Media System.
- UniversalMediaServer/UniversalMediaServer - A DLNA, UPnP and HTTP(S) Media Server.
- rapid7/metasploit-framework - Metasploit Framework.
- wifiphisher/wifiphisher - The Rogue Access Point Framework.
- sherlock-project/sherlock - Find usernames across social networks.
- threat9/routersploit - Exploitation Framework for Embedded Devices.
- gophish/gophish - Open-Source Phishing Toolkit.
- radareorg/radare2 - UNIX-like reverse engineering framework and command-line toolset.
Machine Learning/Deep Learning/Computer Vision Frameworks
- tensorflow/tensorflow - An Open Source Machine Learning Framework for Everyone.
- keras-team/keras - Deep Learning for humans.
- Theano/Theano - Theano is a Python library that allows you to define, optimize, and evaluate mathematical expressions involving multi-dimensional arrays efficiently. It can use GPUs and perform efficient symbolic differentiation.
- Lasagne/Lasagne - Lightweight library to build and train neural networks in Theano.
- microsoft/CNTK - Microsoft Cognitive Toolkit (CNTK), an open source deep-learning toolkit.
- openai/gym - A toolkit for developing and comparing reinforcement learning algorithms.
- opencv/opencv - Open Source Computer Vision Library.
- fastai/fastai - The fastai deep learning library.
- syncthing/syncthing - Open Source Continuous File Synchronization.
- nextcloud/server - Nextcloud server, a safe home for all your data.
- owncloud/core - ownCloud web server core (Files, DAV, etc.).
- haiwen/seafile - High performance file syncing and sharing, with also Markdown WYSIWYG editing, Wiki, file label and other knowledge management features.
- gdrive-org/gdrive - Google Drive CLI Client.
- meganz/webclient - The mega.nz web client.
- nim-lang/Nim - Nim is a compiled, garbage-collected systems programming language with a design that focuses on efficiency, expressiveness, and elegance (in that order of priority).
- elixir-lang/elixir - Elixir is a dynamic, functional language designed for building scalable and maintainable applications.
- crystal-lang/crystal - The Crystal Programming Language.
- ziglang/zig - General-purpose programming language and toolchain for maintaining robust, optimal, and reusable software.
- elm/compiler - Compiler for Elm, a functional language for reliable webapps.
- racket/racket - The Racket repository.
- sonic-pi-net/sonic-pi - Code. Music. Live.
- RockstarLang/rockstar - The Rockstar programming language specification.
- bitcoin/bitcoin - Bitcoin Core integration/staging tree.
- monero-project/monero - Monero: the secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency.
- ethereum/go-ethereum - Official Go implementation of the Ethereum protocol.
- MetaMask/metamask-extension - The MetaMask browser extension enables browsing Ethereum blockchain enabled websites.
- status-im/status-react - a free (libre) open source, mobile OS for Ethereum.
- ensdomains/ens - Implementations for ENS core functionality: The registry, registrars, and public resolvers.
- elastic/elasticsearch - Open Source, Distributed, RESTful Search Engine.
- (GitLab) NebulousLabs/Sia - Blockchain-based marketplace for file storage. https://sia.tech.
- HelloZeroNet/ZeroNet - ZeroNet - Decentralized websites using Bitcoin crypto and BitTorrent network.
- diaspora/diaspora - A privacy-aware, distributed, open source social network.
- tootsuite/mastodon - Your self-hosted, globally interconnected microblogging community.
- writeas/writefreely - A focused writing and publishing space.
- (GitLab) minds/minds - The open source social network.
- storj/storj - Ongoing Storj v3 development. Decentralized cloud object storage that is affordable, easy to use, private, and secure.
- pixelfed/pixelfed - Photo Sharing. For Everyone.
- zedeus/nitter - Alternative Twitter front-end.
- ray-project/ray - A fast and simple framework for building and running distributed applications. Ray is packaged with RLlib, a scalable reinforcement learning library, and Tune, a scalable hyperparameter tuning library.
- kern/filepizza - Peer-to-peer file transfers in your browser https://file.pizza
- omarroth/invidious - Invidious is an alternative front-end to YouTube.
- mayeaux/nodetube - Open-source YouTube alternative that also supports image and audio uploads. Powered by NodeJS.
- Chocobozzz/PeerTube - Federated (ActivityPub) video streaming platform using P2P (BitTorrent) directly in the web browser with WebTorrent and Angular.
- lbryio/lbry-sdk The LBRY SDK for building decentralized, censorship resistant, monetized, digital content apps.
- TeamNewPipe/NewPipe - A libre lightweight streaming front-end for Android.
- FreeTubeApp/FreeTube - An Open Source YouTube app for privacy.
- dtube/dtube DTube App.
Google Analytics Alternatives
- plausible-insights/plausible - Simple, lightweight analytics for your website.
- HackerNews/API - Documentation and Samples for the Official HN API.
- digitalocean/doctl - The official command line interface for the DigitalOcean API.
- phalt/swapi - The Star Wars API.
- r-spacex/SpaceX-API - Open Source REST API for rocket, core, capsule, pad, and launch data.
- typicode/json-server - Get a full fake REST API with zero coding in less than 30 seconds (seriously).
Fonts, Icons and Emojis
- FortAwesome/Font-Awesome - The iconic SVG, font, and CSS toolkit.
- simple-icons/simple-icons - SVG icons for popular brands.
- google/fonts - Font files available from Google Fonts.
- cmiscm/leonsans - Leon Sans is a geometric sans-serif typeface made with code in 2019 by Jongmin Kim.
- rubjo/victor-mono - A free programming font with cursive italics and ligatures.
- twitter/twemoji - Emoji for everyone.
- astrit/css.gg - 500+ CSS Icons. Customizable, Retina Ready with API & NPM.
- hjnilsson/country-flags - SVG and PNG renders of all countries' flags.
- curl/curl - A command line tool and library for transferring data with URL syntax, supporting HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, FTPS, GOPHER, TFTP, SCP, SFTP, SMB, TELNET, DICT, LDAP, LDAPS, FILE, IMAP, SMTP, POP3, RTSP and RTMP. libcurl offers a myriad of powerful features.
- jakubroztocil/httpie - Modern command line HTTP client – user-friendly curl alternative.
- liyasthomas/postwoman - A free, fast & beautiful API request builder (web alternative to Postman).
- Kong/insomnia - Cross-platform HTTP and GraphQL Client.
- mockoon/mockoon - Mockoon is the easiest and quickest way to run mock APIs locally. No remote deployment, no account required, open source.
- SmartBear/soapui - SoapUI is a free and open source cross-platform functional testing solution for APIs and web services.
- advanced-rest-client/arc-electron - Advanced REST Client - Desktop application.
Remote Desktop Clients
- (GitLab) Remmina/Remmina - The GTK Remmina Remote Desktop Client.
- bitcoin-wallet/bitcoin-wallet - Bitcoin Wallet app for your Android device. Standalone Bitcoin node, no centralized backend required.
- spesmilo/electrum - Electrum Bitcoin Wallet. https://electrum.org.
- bitpay/copay - Copay is a secure Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash wallet platform for both desktop and mobile devices. https://copay.io.
- bitcoin-wallet/bitcoin-wallet - Bitcoin Wallet app for your Android device. Standalone Bitcoin node, no centralized backend required.
- (Web) Cygwin - Get that Linux feeling - on Windows.
- (GitLab) tortoisegit/tortoisegit/ - Windows Shell Interface to Git.
- (Web) KeePass - free, open source, light-weight and easy-to-use password manager.
- sumatrapdfreader/sumatrapdf - SumatraPDF reader.
- cairoshell/cairoshell - Cairo is a customizable, intuitive desktop environment for Windows.
- microsoft/terminal - The new Windows Terminal, and the original Windows console host - all in the same place!.
- felixse/FluentTerminal - A Terminal Emulator based on UWP and web technologies.
- chocolatey/choco - The package manager for Windows.
- microsoft/PowerToys - Windows system utilities to maximize productivity.
- lukesampson/scoop - A command-line installer for Windows.
- microsoft/calculator - Windows Calculator: A simple yet powerful calculator that ships with Windows.
- ShareX/ShareX - ShareX is a free and open source program that lets you capture or record any area of your screen and share it with a single press of a key. It also allows uploading images, text or other types of files to many supported destinations you can choose from.
- rainmeter/rainmeter - Desktop customization tool for Windows.
- henrypp/simplewall - Simple tool to configure Windows Filtering Platform (WFP) which can configure network activity on your computer.
- (Web) 7-Zip - file archiver with a high compression ratio.
- (GitLab) gitlab-org/gitter - Gitter is a community for software developers.
- lobsters/lobsters - Computing-focused community centered around link aggregation and discussion.
- discourse/discourse - A platform for community discussion. Free, open, simple.
- withspectrum/spectrum - Simple, powerful online communities. spectrum.chat.
- edx/edx-platform - The Open edX platform, the software that powers edX!
- moodle/moodle - Moodle - the world's open source learning platform.
- thepracticaldev/dev.to - Where programmers share ideas and help each other grow.
- alfio-event/alf.io - alf.io - The open source ticket reservation system for conferences, trade shows, workshops, meetups.
- frab/frab - conference management system.
- chatwoot/chatwoot - Opensource alternative to Intercom, Drift, Zendesk, FreshChat.
- sebst/pythonic-news - A Hacker News lookalike written in Python/Django, powering news.python.sc.
- oldboyxx/jira_clone - A simplified Jira clone built with React/Babel (Client), and Node/TypeScript (API). Auto formatted with Prettier, tested with Cypress.
- PrestaShop/PrestaShop - PrestaShop offers a fully scalable open source ecommerce solution.
- karpathy/arxiv-sanity-preserver - Web interface for browsing, search and filtering recent arxiv submissions. http://www.arxiv-sanity.com.
- deepfakes/faceswap - Deepfakes Software For All. https://faceswap.dev.
- mozilla/send - Simple, private file sharing from the makers of Firefox.
- freedomofpress/securedrop - GitHub repository for the SecureDrop whistleblower platform. https://securedrop.org.
- prometheus/prometheus - The Prometheus monitoring system and time series database.
- cdr/code-server - Run VS Code on a remote server.
- phoenixframework/phoenix - Productive. Reliable. Fast.
- home-assistant/home-assistant - Open source home automation that puts local control and privacy first.
- docker/docker-ce - Docker CE.
- sickcodes/Docker-OSX - Mac in Docker! Run near native OSX-KVM in Docker! X11 Forwarding!
- kubernetes/kubernetes - Production-Grade Container Scheduling and Management.
- moby/moby - Moby Project - a collaborative project for the container ecosystem to assemble container-based systems.
- pi-hole/pi-hole - A black hole for Internet advertisements.
- ipfs/ipfs - Peer-to-peer hypermedia protocol.
- hashicorp/vagrant - Vagrant is a tool for building and distributing development environments.
- hashicorp/terraform - Terraform enables you to safely and predictably create, change, and improve infrastructure. It is an open source tool that codifies APIs into declarative configuration files that can be shared amongst team members, treated as code, edited, reviewed, and versioned.
- hashicorp/packer - Packer is a tool for creating identical machine images for multiple platforms from a single source configuration.
- matrix-org/synapse - Synapse: Matrix reference homeserver.
- huginn/huginn - Create agents that monitor and act on your behalf. Your agents are standing by!
- n8n-io/n8n - Free node based Workflow Automation Tool. Easily automate tasks across different services.
- gravitational/teleport - Privileged access management for elastic infrastructure.
- borgbackup/borg - Deduplicating archiver with compression and authenticated encryption.
- asciinema/asciinema - Terminal session recorder.
- dokku/dokku - A docker-powered PaaS that helps you build and manage the lifecycle of applications.
- playframework/playframework - Play Framework.
- cdnjs/cdnjs - The #1 free and open source CDN built to make life easier for developers.
- cypress-io/cypress - Fast, easy and reliable testing for anything that runs in a browser.
- felixrieseberg/windows95 - Windows 95 in Electron. Runs on macOS, Linux, and Windows.
- KaTeX/KaTeX - Fast math typesetting for the web.
- JorgeBucaran/hyperapp - The tiny framework for building web interfaces.
- toml-lang/toml - Tom's Obvious, Minimal Language.
- rudderlabs/rudder-server - Privacy and Security focused Segment-alternative, in Golang and React.
- schollz/hostyoself - Host yo' self from your browser, your phone, your toaster.
- knadh/listmonk - High performance, self-hosted newsletter and mailing list manager with a modern dashboard. Go + React.
- electerious/Ackee - Self-hosted, Node.js based analytics tool for those who care about privacy.
- jedisct1/dsvpn - A Dead Simple VPN.
- adblockradio/adblockradio - An adblocker for live radio streams and podcasts. Machine learning meets Shazam.
- antontarasenko/smq - A collection of SQL queries to social media datasets.
- idealo/imagededup - Finding duplicate images made easy!.
- hsoft/collapseos - Bootstrap post-collapse technology.
- leeoniya/uPlot - An exceptionally fast, tiny time series chart.
- evildmp/BrachioGraph - BrachioGraph is an ultra-cheap (total cost of materials - €14) plotter that can be built with minimal skills.
- cortexproject/cortex - A multitenant, horizontally scalable Prometheus as a Service.
- mateodelnorte/meta - tool for turning many repos into a meta repo. why choose many repos or a monolithic repo, when you can have both with a meta repo?
- micahflee/onionshare - Securely and anonymously send and receive files, and publish onion sites.
- aquametalabs/aquameta - Web development platform built entirely in PostgreSQL.
- inlets/inlets - Expose your local endpoints to the Internet.
- gravitational/teleconsole - Command line tool to share your UNIX terminal and forward local TCP ports to people you trust.
- liriliri/eruda - Console for mobile browsers.
- mgartner/pg_flame - A flamegraph generator for Postgres EXPLAIN ANALYZE output.
- TomaszRewak/C-sharp-console-gui-framework - A GUI framework for C# console applications.
- whitequark/unfork - unfork(2) is the inverse of fork(2). sort of.
- burtonator/polar-bookshelf - A personal knowledge repository for PDF and web content supporting incremental reading and document annotation.
- MisterTea/EternalTerminal - Re-Connectable secure remote shell.
- stewartmcgown/uds - Unlimited Drive Storage by splitting binary files into base64.
- agalwood/Motrix - A full-featured download manager.
- monicahq/monica - Personal CRM. Remember everything about your friends and family.
- pirate/ArchiveBox - The open source self-hosted web archive. Takes browser history/bookmarks/Pocket/Pinboard/etc., saves HTML, JS, PDFs, media, and more.
- netlify/gotrue - An SWT based API for managing users and issuing SWT tokens gotrueapi.org.
- Fyrd/caniuse - Raw browser/feature support data from caniuse.com.
- hteumeuleu/caniemail - Support tables for HTML and CSS in emails.
- kangax/compat-table - ECMAScript 5/6/7 compatibility tables.
- getredash/redash - Make Your Company Data Driven. Connect to any data source, easily visualize, dashboard and share your data.
- getsentry/sentry - Sentry is cross-platform application monitoring, with a focus on error reporting. https://sentry.io.
- monitoror/monitoror - Unified monitoring wallboard — Light, ergonomic and reliable monitoring for anything.
- spotify/backstage - Backstage is an open platform for building developer portals.
- spinnaker/spinnaker - Spinnaker is an open source, multi-cloud continuous delivery platform for releasing software changes with high velocity and confidence.
- osmandapp/Osmand - map and navigation application with access to the free, worldwide, and high-quality OpenStreetMap (OSM) data.
- sindresorhus/caprine - Elegant Facebook Messenger desktop app.
- samaaron/sonic-pi - Code. Music. Live.
- cryptii/cryptii - Web app and framework offering modular conversion, encoding and encryption.
- istio/istio - Connect, secure, control, and observe services.
- odoo/odoo - Odoo. Open Source Apps To Grow Your Business. https://odoo.com.
- iptv-org/iptv - Collection of 8000+ publicly available IPTV channels from all over the world.
- edavis/hnrss - Custom, realtime RSS feeds for Hacker News.
- matomo-org/matomo - Liberating Web Analytics. Matomo is the leading open alternative to Google Analytics that gives you full control over your data. Matomo lets you easily collect data from websites, apps & the IoT and visualise this data and extract insights. Privacy is built-in.
- ornicar/lila - ♞ lichess.org - the forever free, adless and open source chess server ♞.
- gabrielecirulli/2048 - A small clone of 1024 (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.veewo.a1024).
- github/super-linter - Combination of multiple linters to install as a GitHub Action.
- zgoat/goatcounter - Easy web analytics. No tracking of personal data.
- mwaskom/seaborn - Statistical data visualization using matplotlib.
- streamlit/streamlit - The fastest way to build custom ML tools.
- orientechnologies/orientdb - OrientDB is the most versatile DBMS supporting Graph, Document, Reactive, Full-Text, Geospatial and Key-Value models in one Multi-Model product. OrientDB can run distributed (Multi-Master), supports SQL, ACID Transactions, Full-Text indexing and Reactive Queries. OrientDB Community Edition is Open Source using a liberal Apache 2 license.
- evolus/pencil - The Pencil Project's unique mission is to build a free and opensource tool for making diagrams and GUI prototyping that everyone can use.
- GoogleChromeLabs/quicklink - ⚡️Faster subsequent page-loads by prefetching in-viewport links during idle time.
- instantpage/instant.page - Make your site's pages instant in 1 minute and improve your conversion rate by 1%.
- ariya/phantomjs - Scriptable Headless Browser.
- docsifyjs/docsify - A magical documentation site generator.
- carbon-app/carbon - Create and share beautiful images of your source code.
- nextapps-de/flexsearch - Next-Generation full text search library for Browser and Node.js.
- vanilla/vanilla - Vanilla is a powerfully simple discussion forum you can easily customize to make as unique as your community.
- caprover/caprover - Automated Scalable PaaS Package (automated Docker+nginx) - Heroku on Steroids.
- cowbell/sharedrop - Easy P2P file transfer powered by WebRTC (inspired by Apple AirDrop).
- spieglt/FlyingCarpet - Wireless, encrypted file transfer over automatically configured ad hoc networking. No network infrastructure required (access point, router, switch). Just two laptops with wireless chips in close range. Mac, Windows, and Linux.
- musescore/MuseScore - MuseScore is an open source and free music notation software. For support, contribution, bug reports, visit MuseScore.org. Fork and make pull requests!
- openframeworks/openFrameworks - cross platform toolkit for creative coding in C++.
- coursera-dl/coursera-dl - Script for downloading Coursera.org videos and naming them.
- cisco/ChezScheme - Chez Scheme.
- urwid/urwid - Console user interface library for Python (official repo).
- ch11ng/exwm - Emacs X Window Manager.
- celery/celery - Distributed Task Queue (development branch).
- Tribler/tribler - Privacy enhanced BitTorrent client with P2P conte.
- schenkd/nginx-ui - Nginx UI allows you to access and modify the ngi.
- KevinRoebert/ClearUrls - Remove tracking fields form urls.
- mckeever02/mailtolink - A quick and easy way to generate markup for mailto links without having to worry about the annoying formatting.
- foambubble/foam - A personal knowledge management and sharing system for VSCode.
- zulip/zulip - powerful open source team chat.
- cinder/Cinder - Cinder is a community-developed, free and open source library for professional-quality creative coding in C++.
- ipkn/crow - Crow is very fast and easy to use C++ micro web framework (inspired by Python Flask).
- freeCodeCamp/mail-for-good - An open source email campaign management tool for nonprofits.
- hediet/vscode-debug-visualizer - An extension for VS Code that visualizes data during debugging.
- relativty/Relativty - An open source VR headset with SteamVR supports for $200.
- Sigil-Ebook/Sigil - Sigil is a multi-platform EPUB ebook editor.
- tauri-apps/tauri - Build smaller, faster, and more secure desktop applications with a web frontend.
- ncase/loopy - A tool for thinking in systems
mame/quine-relay - An uroboros program with 100+ programming languages.
- syxanash/awesome-web-desktops - Websites, web apps, portfolios which look like desktop graphical user interfaces. https://simone.computer/#/webdesktops.
- ShizukuIchi/winXP - Web based Windows XP desktop recreation. https://winxp.now.sh.
- maxboeck/whimsical - A curated list of websites with an extra bit of fun. https://whimsical.club.
jekyll/jekyll-seo-tag - A Jekyll plugin to add metadata tags for search engines and social networks to better index and display your site's content.
mmistakes/minimal-mistakes - Jekyll theme for building a personal site, blog, project documentation, or portfolio.
daattali/beautiful-jekyll - Build a beautiful and simple website in literally minutes.
sergiokopplin/indigo - Minimalist Jekyll Template.
jekyll/minima - Minima is a one-size-fits-all Jekyll theme for writers.
Microsoft/vscode-docker - Docker extension for VS Code.
VSCodeVim/Vim - Vim for Visual Studio Code.
- robb0wen/synthwave-vscode - Synthwave inspired colour theme for VS Code.
- material-theme/vsc-material-them - Material Theme, the most epic theme for Visual Studio Code.
- ahmadawais/shades-of-purple-vscode - Shades of Purple — A professional theme with hand-picked & bold shades of purple to go along with your VSCode.
- Microsoft/vscode/emmet - Emmet integration in Visual Studio Code(installed by default on VSCode).
- ritwickdey/vscode-live-sass-compiler - Compile Sass or Scss file to CSS at realtime with live browser reload feature.
- ritwickdey/vscode-live-server - Launch a development local Server with live reload feature for static & dynamic pages.
- prettier/prettier-vscode - Visual Studio Code extension for Prettier.
- CoenraadS/Bracket-Pair-Colorizer-2 - Bracket Colorizer Extension for VSCode.
- redhat-developer/vscode-java - Java Language Support for Visual Studio Code.
- Microsoft/vscode-cpptools - Official repository for the Microsoft C/C++ extension for VS Code.
- eamodio/vscode-gitlens - Supercharge the Git capabilities built into Visual Studio Code — Visualize code authorship at a glance via Git blame annotations and code lens, seamlessly navigate and explore Git repositories, gain valuable insights via powerful comparison commands, and so much more.
- Microsoft/vscode/git - Git integration for Visual Studio Code.
- ChrisRM/material-theme-jetbrains - JetBrains theme of Material Theme.
- vrapper/vrapper - Vim-like editing in Eclipse.
Visual Studio Plugins
- VsVim/VsVim - Vim Emulator Plugin for Visual Studio 2015+.
Sublime Text Plugins
wbond/package_control - The Sublime Text package manager.
titoBouzout/SideBarEnhancements - Enhancements to Sublime Text sidebar. Files and folders.
sublimehq/Vintage - Vintage mode adds a vi style command mode to Sublime Text 2/3(installed by default).
randy3k/Terminus - Bring a real terminal to Sublime Text.
- equinusocio/material-theme - Material Theme, the most epic theme for Sublime Text 3 by Mattia Astorino.
- equinusocio/material-theme - Material Theme, the most epic theme for Sublime Text 3 by Mattia Astorino.
- squ1b3r/Djaneiro - Django support for Sublime Text 2/3.
- squ1b3r/Djaneiro - Django support for Sublime Text 2/3.
- jisaacks/GitGutter - A Sublime Text 2/3 plugin to see git diff in gutter.
- renerocksai/sublime_zk - A SublimeText3 package featuring ID based wiki style links, and #tags, intended for zettelkasten method users. Loaded with tons of features like inline image display, sophisticated tag search, note transclusion features, support for note templates, bibliography support, support for multiple panes, etc. to make working in your Zettelkasten a joy.
- danielmagnussons/orgmode - orgmode for Sublime Text 2 & 3.
- aziz/PlainTasks - An opinionated todo-list plugin for Sublime Text editor (version 2 and 3).
- turtlesoupy/this-word-does-not-exist - This Word Does Not Exist. https://thisworddoesnotexist.com.
- anonaddy/anonaddy - Anonymous email forwarding.
- idan/gistio - A gist-backed pretty display for markdown.
- loadzero/si78c - si78c is a memory accurate reimplementation of Space Invaders in C.
- caseykneale/VIMKiller - Exiting VIM is hard; sometimes we need to take drastic measures.
- bbody/CMD-Resume - Web-based Command Line Resume.
- tomlockwood/dn - Daily notes command line tool.
- Gabriel439/simple-twitter - A bare-bones Twitter clone implemented in a single file.
- cube2222/jql - Easy JSON Query Processor with a Lispy syntax in Go.
- hkbakke/bash-insulter - Insults the user when typing wrong command.
- (sourcehut git) ~sircmpwn/shit - An implementation of git in (almost) pure POSIX shell.
- ashlinchak/mdanki - Converts Markdown file(s) to the Anki cards.
- amruthpillai/reactive-resume - A one-of-a-kind resume builder that keeps your privacy in mind. Completely secure, customizable, portable, open-source and free forever. https://rxresu.me.
- edouardklein/falsisign - Make it look like a PDF has been hand signed and scanned.
- watsonbox/exportify - Export Spotify playlists using the Web API.
- (GitLab) GitLab.com - GitLab company related projects.
- (GitLab) GitLab.org - Open source software to collaborate on code.
- (GitLab) Minds - Minds is a free & open source social network dedicated to privacy and freedom.
- GitHub - How people build software.
- Mozilla - This technology could fall into the right hands.
- Mozilla Mobile - Mozilla Mobile Applications.
- JetBrains - JetBrains open source projects.
- DuckDuckGo - The search engine that doesn't track you.
- Automattic - We are passionate about making the web a better place.
- Nextcloud - A safe home for all your data – community-driven, free & open source.
- ownCloud - A safe home for all your data.
- WebAssembly - Development of WebAssembly and associated infrastructure.
- Bitwarden - Open source password management solutions for individuals, teams, and business organizations.
- Kotlin - Kotlin Tools and Libraries.
- Algolia - Open source tools for building search. Learn more at community.algolia.com.
- Discord - t's time to ditch Skype and Teamspeak. Discord is the only free and secure all-in-one voice+text app designed for gamers that works on your desktop and phone.
- HashiCorp - Consistent workflows to provision, secure, connect, and run any infrastructure for any application.
- QISKit - An open-source framework for working with noisy quantum computers at the level of pulses, circuits, and algorithms.
- Facebook - We are working to build community through open source technology. NB: members must have two-factor auth.
- Facebook Experimental - These are Facebook projects that are not necessarily used in production but are being developed in the open nevertheless.
- Microsoft - Open source, from Microsoft with love.
- Netlify - Netlify builds, deploys and hosts your front-end.
- Google - Google ❤️ Open Source.
- Google APIs - Clients for Google APIs and tools that help produce them.
- Netflix, Inc. - Netflix Open Source Platform.
- Keybase - Crypto for everyone!
- Python - Repositories related to the Python Programming language.
- Docker - Docker provides a simple and powerful developer experience, workflows and collaboration for creating applications.
- Standard Notes - An end-to-end encrypted note-taking app.
- Taiga.io - Your Agile, Free and Open Source Project Management Tool.
- Sentry - Real-time crash reporting for your web apps, mobile apps, and games.
- Mattermost - All team communication in one place, searchable and accessible anywhere.
- SeleniumHQ - Selenium is an umbrella project for a range of tools and libraries that enable and support the automation of web browsers.
- edX - The Open edX platform is open-source code that powers http://edx.org.
- shadowsocks - A secure socks5 proxy, designed to protect your Internet traffic.
- Prettier - Prettier is an opinionated code formatter.
- Termux - Android terminal and Linux environment.
- Video.js - Web Video Framework.
- systemd - System and Service Manager.
- ZEIT - Making cloud computing accessible to everyone.
- Spectrum - Where communities live.
- Project Jupyter - Interactive Computing.
- spinnaker - Spinnaker is an open source, multi-cloud continuous delivery platform for releasing software changes with high velocity and confidence.
- CircleCI - Continuous Integration and Deployment.
- World Wide Web Consortium - The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) is the main international standards organization for the World Wide Web.
- Callstack - We support and inspire other developers and companies to launch their products for everyone at the same time, on every platform.
- Infinite Red, Inc. - Development Studio.
- Ecma TC39 - Ecma International, Technical Committee 39 - ECMAScript.
- Mapbox - Mapbox is the location data platform for mobile and web applications. We're changing the way people move around cities and explore our world.
- WHATWG - Please leave your sense of logic at the door. All are welcome to participate.
- Tidyverse - The tidyverse is a collection of R packages that share common principles and are designed to work together seamlessly.
- Microsoft Azure - APIs, SDKs and open source projects from Microsoft Azure.
- Changelog Media - News and podcasts for developers.
- New Vector - We make Riot.im, a decentralised encrypted comms app for the Matrix.org ecosystem.
- matrix.org - A new basis for open, interoperable, decentralised real-time communication.
- Wikimedia - Wikimedia is a global movement whose mission is to bring free educational content to the world.
- Android Open Source Project - These aren't the droids you're looking for.
- Hak5 - Welcome to the Hak5 Open Source Repos!
- ntop - Open source network traffic monitoring software.
- Actix - actor framework for Rust.
- Talk Python - Talk Python (podcast and training) materials. You'll also find some of on @mikeckennedy's profile.
- Wire Swiss GmbH - Wire open source secure messenger.
- Mullvad VPN - Privacy is a universal right.
- WireGuard - Mirror of various WireGuard-related projects. See https://www.wireguard.com/repositories/ for official repositories.
- Simple Mobile Tools - A group of simple, open source Android apps without ads and unnecessary permissions, with customizable widgets.
- IRCCloud Ltd. - Chat on IRC from anywhere, and never miss a message.
- Samsung - Samsung Electronics Co.,Ltd.
- Salesforce UX - Clarity. Efficiency. Consistency. Beauty. The product design team at Salesforce.
- U.S. General Services Administration - The U.S. General Services Administration.
- WakaTime - Open source plugins for automatic programming metrics.
- WebTorrent - Streaming torrent client for the web, Node.js, Mac, Windows, & Linux.
- Eclipse Foundation
- The Rust Programming Language
- Facebook Research
- Electronic Frontier Foundation
- Cisco Systems
- Tutao GmbH
- Material UI
- Postman Inc.
- Raspberry Pi
- Matplotlib Developers
- Mega Limited
- The Reddit Archives - Projects where changes are no longer publicly published.
- 30 seconds - The team behind 30-seconds-of-code and official 30-seconds projects.
- The World Cube Association - Official projects for the World Cube Association (WCA).
- ReactiveX - Reactive Extensions for Async Programming.
- React Training - High-quality open source software from React Training.
- thoughtbot - We work with organizations of all sizes to design, develop, and grow their web and mobile products.
- Real Python - Python developers resource center: Python news, tutorials, code examples, snippets, articles, and more.
- You Don't Need - People choose popular projects, often not because it applies to their problems.
- Foundation - The most advanced responsive front-end framework in the world.
- Oxide Computer Company - Hyperscaler infrastructure for the rest of us.
- Zalando SE - The org page for Zalando, Europe's leading online fashion platform.
- CreateJS - A suite of open source libraries and tools for building rich interactive content on open web technologies.
- Packt - Providing books, eBooks, video tutorials, and articles for IT developers, administrators, and users.
- NodeSchool - Open source workshops that teach web software skills.
- Lambda School, Inc.
- Raymond Hill - The Cathedral and The Bazaar, uBlock Origin.
- Luke Smith
- Tim Pope
- Andrej Karpathy
- Evan You - Creator of VueJS.
- Christopher Olah
- Daniel Shiffman - The Coding Train.
- Grant Sanderson - 3blue1brown.
- Donne Martin
- Michael Nielsen
- Lex Fridman - The AI Podcast.
- Peter Norvig - Director at Google.
- Dan Abramov - Creator of Redux.js.
- Wes Bos
- Kent C. Dodds
- Kyle Mathews
- Sindre Sorhus
- David Peter
- Samy Pessé
- Junegunn Choi
- Nikita Voloboev
- Kyle Simpson
- Rico Sta. Cruz
- Bogdan Popescu
- Brett Cannon
- Al Sweigart
- Thomas Park
- Kenneth Reitz
- Jess Frazelle
- Dan Bader
- Chris Wanstrath
- Miguel Grinberg
- Alex Gaynor
- Armin Ronacher
- Nicolas Gallagher
- Paul Irish
- Colt Steele
- Brett Slatkin
- Ned Batchelder
- Trey Hunner
- Jeremy Thomas
- Paul Hallett
- Douglas Crockford
- Lea Verou
- Wenting Zhang
- Juha Lindstedt
- Rodrigo Pombo
- Bob Nystrom
- Brock Whitten
- Christopher Jeffrey (JJ)
- Brad Traversy - Traversy Media.
- Todd Motto
- Taylor Otwell
- Scott Chacon
- Max Stoiber
- Remy Sharp
- Mike Bostock
- Salvatore Sanfilippo
- Ryan Dahl
- Marijn Haverbeke
- Anish Athalye
- Bozhidar Batsov
- Sundeep Agarwal
- Peter Krumins
- Hakim El Hattab
- Florin Pop
- Curran Kelleher
- Drew DeVault
- Tim Berners-Lee
- Simo Edwin
- Steve Losh
- Feross Aboukhadijeh
- Yangshun Tay
- Zach Holman
- Vitalik Buterin - Etheruem Co-founder.
- Avery Pennarun
- Greg Hurrell
- Sarah Drasner
- Max Woolf